Best supported software with backtester

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by asenft, Jul 31, 2005.

1. brandnew

brandnew

My bad... I meant QuantDevelop is extremely expensive. :D

#21     Aug 25, 2005
  2. I had to think about it for a while my self. When you compare it to the development kit cost of Strategy Runner, I think you get a whole lot more out of the deal.

In addition, if you were to calculate what your time would cost you in development time and in lost trades to put together a similar trading infrastructure, the money spent for QD puts you way ahead of the game. I did that cost/benefit analysis myself, and am very happy with the money I spent on it.

Given that it contains indicators, money management, simulation, live action, and the ability to customize it and attach to it in very cool ways, well, again, well worth the money.

And no, I don't work for them. I am a software developer by trade, and have spent some time looking for a platform like this. I started with an early Beta, decided to move to Perl for a while, and then realized what I was missing out on, and decided to move back with QuantDeveloper. I'm still finding cool bits with it. Almost like a treasure hunt. Once they put more meat into their documentation, it should be a bonanza.

It isn't without it's quirks, but they don't seem to get in the way of the mainline simulation and trade processing.

I havn't figured out their portfolio management bits yet, so have been saving things in MS SQL for the time being.

Well, I could go on and on about what I've found good and bad, but that should suffice for now.

#22     Aug 25, 2005