Best Structure Ever

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Still Here, Oct 10, 2005.

1. ig0r

ig0r

dude, honestly, no one cares there's no holy grail. stick to your FXGame and you won't have to lose any real money

#11     Oct 11, 2005
  2. Those demo trading accounts sure come in handy.

Let me know when your trading breaks out of the brown paper bag.

#12     Oct 11, 2005
  3. here's a snapshot of the trading platform that goes with the Excel spreadsheet in my post above.

#13     Oct 11, 2005
  4. simply set up a Caymans exempt fund, private equity partnership type structure, with you as (one of) the GP(s). perfectly legal even from a US Sec laws standpoint, as long as less than 15 investors (am simplifying a bit but...). if your not familiar with those schemes, and even if you are, get some lawyer advice, or better, do some research on the web first, but in any case be prepared to spend quite a few days, or weeks if this is really not yr stuff... g'luck!

#14     Oct 11, 2005
  5. Has anyone found any reasonable books that are somewhat new, or is this is stuff that only a $300 an hr lawyer / accountant will tell you?

I've read the "Offshore Advantage" with little use. I've search amazon for a decent read thats relevant without luck.

The other problem is commission. Offshore brokers can charge a few hundred dollars a trade. That sets up a cost structure thats prohibitive for a short term trader. Any suggestions there? Ive heard one can just use a broker here, with the domicile in the caymans or elsewhere.

Thanks

#15     Oct 11, 2005
  6. all u need is for yr fund to be domiciled in the caymans here, the accts can be held anywhere else and the only restriction as to which broker u can use comes down to whether this or that broker is ok to have you as a client, but def. no requirement to use an offshore broker... if the paperwork is in order, can't see a reason why not...

resource-wise, go to www.hedgeco.net for instance, good place to start, talk to lawyers about what your planning to do and how they cld help, u'll get a couple of freebies (comparatives b/w caymans, bvi, bermuda set-ups etc), then u'll need to talk to a few funds administrators (not a mandatory step, legally-speaking u cld take care of the admin yrself, but...), to your tax guys (the fund wld be exempt from any form of taxation for at least the next 20 years but am sure u'd want to ask yr tax guys to confirm a few things here or there) but yeah at some point be prepared to shell out quite a few bucks on lawyers ($20-40K for fund set-up, 'registrations' etc notably), and fund admin costs if u enroll the services of a professional fund administrator (min. $2.5K/mth just to produce a monthly NAV, or 10bps annually if u can afford, just indicative)

its a long road, but worth the walk... g'luck

#16     Oct 11, 2005
  7. ig0r and Bruto Blukowski, let me make something perfectly clear, boys.

If performance and trading results cannot be attained on a live account, they cannot be attained or replicated on a demo account.

and visa-versa.

the broker whose demo I am displaying, their live trading platform is identical to their demo trading platform - both have real-time live forex quotes, not lagged quotes such as you'd typically find in the equities demos that provide delayed quotes.

this broker's quotes are real-time and both platforms are the same. you lose on one, you lose on the other.

*ahem* same with winning.

my trading and systems are perfectly scalable up to $100,000,000,000 account balance.

skalpz

#17     Oct 11, 2005
  8. FX, you crossed the line there. Scale to $100 bill?, let me clear my throat. I find that since no one in the world trades that size, that you might be all alone in your trading. Put in your system a limit on trading no more than 50% of the volume on entry, and see how it trades and how it scales.

This is particularly true in equities. For example I have a system that returns 40% for 30yrs starting at 100k , but when I test it on 10mil, the return falls to 30% because I limit my volume to no more than 50% of the entry bar. This is not entirely accurate, because technically I can also enter on the next bar seeing how long-term the system is, but there is still a noticeable reduction in returns as you scale up.

#18     Oct 11, 2005
  9. nah.

In fact, the forex is deep in liquidity.

Trades $2 TRILLION a day.

10-times more volume than all US trading markets combined.

trading fx is nothing like trading equities. there's no comparison.

Besides, and I am not mentioning particulars here, my trading systems could handle $100 bil just fine.

hopefully someday I will be able to put that theory to the test. :D

#19     Oct 11, 2005
  10. Thanks for all the posts, greatly appreciated. I'll pm some of you.

Any other ideas appreciated.

#20     Oct 11, 2005