Best Stocks for Big money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chris311, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Chris311

Chris311

Hello all. First I would like to say thank you to everyone who posts on Elite Trader. I love all the responses and even the ones that are sarcastic.

I have been day trading for a while and have done fairly well. I would say I almost meet the definition of a scalper but I am usually in position for 1-2 hours.

As my account as grown I am trying to find some stocks or even etfs that would make it possible for me to put more money to work based on my system.

I am looking for some advice as to the best trading instrument to put larger dollar amounts to work and still follow my short-term hold period. At this point I am looking to put individual trades in the 200k range per trade. The problem I have had is that as my account has grown it has become increasingly harder to continue to increase my share size due to slippage etc.. Many times, by the time I can fill my whole amount the patterns or signals I look for have already passed and I can only profit from the small amount I was able to get in at the price I desired.

Basically, I am looking for stocks or ETFs I can invest large amounts and that fill fairly quickly (large volume, high price etc.). I have absolutely no understanding of E-minis or any type of future contracts. I have no experience in them and frankly have concentrated on my own strategies that I know nothing of them.

I would be more than happy to share the strategy that I have been using to anyone that can recommend me some larger volume stocks or even future contracts that I may be able to get filled quickly without significant slippage (obliviously I understand everything goes out the window when the market is moving quickly)

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Please feel free to PM me with any serious recomendations. I will be more than happy to open up a discussion with what I have been doing that has worked so far.

2. "large" is a relative term, what you consider large I am sure the market would not notice in the majority of stocks

3. Trade the QQQQs or a liquid large cap like INTC and you shouldn't have any problems.