Best Stock/Stock Options Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jwcapital, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I am looking for the best stock and stock options broker. Criteria: Decent customer service, lowest commission rates for low-volume investing (100 shares of stock or less per month and about one single stock option per month), functional software for entering orders). I guess I am looking for a broker similar to IB's commission rates, but with some semblance of customer service. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

2. JC198

JC198

jwcapital, I share your sentiments.

I'm currently with Scottrade and although they have been a reliable broker for me, their options commissions are killing me. So I'm looking for someone else too.

I've looked at ThinkorSwim and IB. I haven't loved either, but I'll probably end up with IB.

Good luck in your trading!

3. ssss

ssss

Exist only three public noted pure
    agent of principal(not involved in trading against clients interess)

AMTD,OXPS,TOS

AMTD first month promoution ,free from ticket options or some trades for share
    direct routing

OXPS on requewst direct routing ,account minimum 0 $

SWIM (thinkorswim) -direct routing

all three offer html,java and downloading software
    (Quotetracker from J.Medwed' by AMTD and OXPS)

MBT offer trading with one options for 1$ ,but

... company undertake proprietary trading activies (Client agreement)

rmltrading by direct routing can be used only software with charge

IBKR for direct routing 1.75$ per contract and is market maker through TMWD

Choicetrade for level2,direct routing must be payed 70-90$ per month

tradeking 0.65$ per contract ,but no direct routing

Your respectfully

4. Thanks for your comments. I think that IB is best for active trading, but not for investing (low volume orders). The monthly fees will kill me. I used to use IB for futures and futures options trading and the commish was decent, but customer service lacked, among other things. I just registered with thinkorswim, and I am trying out their papermoney feature and using the web-based platform. The platform is decent, so I will make a final decision after playing with the playmoney account for awhile. Anyone displeased with TOS from an investment (low volume orders) standpoint?

5. ssss

ssss

#############################

I think that IB is best for active trading ...
    ##########################
    t can not be ,it is market
    maker through TMWD .AMTD,OXPS ,TOS are pure a agent of principals .IB demanded from international clients 5000 $
    account minimum and send to U:K: department. FSA reaction /time on complaint is worster as SEC .Better to have 3 accounts with 2000 $ each ,as one with 6000$

TOS is very good platform ,but author have had conflict
    with owner in feb 2007 . From this point of view (only pure agents ,not involved in trading against clients,public noted ,with
    direct routing and 3 platform -html,java,downloading)
    author can use only AMTD and OXPS

You can try alsov TOS ,but divide accounts through different brokers ! TOS have agressive layer .Author catched owner error (sended all communication real -time to Court and FBI ) without that is low chance to press ...

OXPS have 0$ minimum by opening and direct routing on request.
    Paper trade for options,stock and future alsov present .