Best Spot Currency Dealer?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by trend_guy, Jan 26, 2003.

1. frogy

frogy

Has anyone had any experience with GCI Trading? They deal Forex, and the CFDs look interesting. However I am a bit leery of sending money to Belize.

#12     Apr 4, 2003
  2. fxtrader

fxtrader

Frogy:

I don't believe GCI is accepting accounts for US residences. You will find better market makers like GAIN, CMS, or REFCO is you do the volume. Good luck.

#13     Apr 8, 2003
  3. These online forex firms are making a market in the currency. An adverse and large move can cause the firm to take a big hit to its capital if they did not layoff the risk of taking the other side of their client's trades.

For these online forex dealers, are you comfortable with the risk that they may blow up?

What protection do you have that you won't lose your money in this event?

From my understanding, the funds are not held by a 3rd party clearinghouse. While the funds on deposit at the forex firm's bank are SIPC insured, what happens if the forex firm goes bankrupt?

Will you get your money back?

Thanks.

-- ITZ

#14     Jun 23, 2003
  4. did you read my post in this thread ?

about gain capital ?

#15     Jun 23, 2003
  5. you are concerned about the firm itself blowing up

hmmm .....

guess thats one Q to ask the individual firms themselves and not here ....

#16     Jun 23, 2003
  6. cvds16

cvds16

Can anyone explain me why you would use a spot-dealer instead of the futures in something like euro/usd ? I can think of no valid reason.

#17     Jun 23, 2003
  7. #18     Jun 23, 2003
  8. You can also trade CFDs with Saxo Bank.

#19     Jun 23, 2003
  9. When my dog eats a coin and then I find it with a brown glaze in the yard, does that count?

#20     Jun 23, 2003