Best sports for traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Optionpro007, Sep 12, 2005.

1. competitive masturbation

#31     Sep 12, 2005
  2. Nice.

Been surfing my whole life - the rewards can be phenominal - Health, fitness, self-confidence, the list goes on and on.

Here's a picture of me at a spot somewhere in the indian ocean. Northern Sumatra is all I can say...

Mike

• indo.jpg
      File size:
      385.3 KB
      Views:
    #32     Sep 12, 2005
  3. VERY NICE!

Bodybuilding, Paintball, Boxing, rock climbing, not sure if they are good for traders, they are just what i do.

#33     Sep 12, 2005
  4. r-in

r-in

I shoot for a few hours practice a week. Usually only get in an hour to hour and a half during the week, but get 2-3 or more if lucky on the weekends. I do have a chute I always have with me. I flew a plane many years ago that the wing came off of on the next flight after mine, so kind of hit home that a chute can be handy, although very sadly for them it didn't matter.

#34     Sep 12, 2005
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Rugby if you are young enough and not prone to injuries. Real sense of camaraderie that is often missing in trading solo, and great way to pound out your aggression. Generally a great bunch of guys too and the beer nights are not to be missed.

If you are too old or too sane for Rugby then soccer is a great sport and very easy to get in to pick up games with minimal commitment to a team (need some commitment to play Rugby).

If you are too old or wimpy for either of those then tennis is good fun but not a team endeavor. Squash is also fun especially if you like strategy, plus nothing beats whacking the heck out of a squash ball though baseball batting cages come a close second though pretty mindless stuff. You can also play squash on your own very easily and get a great workout, don't play squash if you have any knee issues.

Racing sailboats is also a lot of fun, offers camaraderie and is easy to get in to with minimal commitment (bear can races type stuff) though if you want to get serious and win races you will need to make a commitment. Nothing beats sitting on rail of a fast boat coming in to the finish line first. Lots of strategy if you want it too. And sailors know how to party afterwards. By the way you don't need to have a lot of money for sailing as is often though as there are plenty of rich or passionate people who have their own boast who are always looking for good crew and if you are committed are willing to train you up.

Nice surfing pic Mike.

#35     Sep 12, 2005
  6. Before we give the guy a bunch of suggestions, maybe we should ask the guy if he is a spaz or actually has some hand eye coordination. After all, its painful watching a spastic try and play any sport at all.

#36     Sep 12, 2005
  7. become a wannabe bodybuilder like everyone else these days. (follow the trend) :)

#37     Sep 12, 2005
  8. Definately Boxing.

It's the only sport where you have to control your fear to perform at your best.

It is also teaches you to be defensive when you're losing and aggressive when your winning.

So in essense, it is just like trading.

It also helps to get rid on negative energy and stress after a hard day at the computer.

I train about twice a week and spa once a week.

Runningbear

#38     Sep 12, 2005

9. vulture, you are funny dude.

Thank you guys, for all the ideas and contributions.

I am starting with golf on thursday. Even though somebody didn't consider it a sport, walking would be a good start.

I noticed nobody here practices fencing. I was almost sure this sport would be popular among traders. If trading is war, wouldn't a sport resembling a war activity be best for a traders mind ?

Anyways,

Cheers to you all !

#39     Sep 12, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

this is what I do.....

** running
    ** mountain biking
    ** snowboarding
    ** weights (rarely nowadays)
    ** swimming
    ** kayaking (just starting this sport)
    ** rock climbing
    ** soccer (in the past not anymore....boy could I score goals)
    ** wanna pick up surfing sometime in the future as well

From what I hear extreme sports are supposed to be linked to successfull traders.

In my opinion its good to be active it helps in many ways, I actually moved from the east coast to the west for the active lifestyle.

ozzy

#40     Sep 12, 2005