best sports car for around $30K

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigbeech, Feb 11, 2004.

1. the vette is close to a second faster 0-60, S60R is a very nice car but come on, it cant keep up with a vette, unless u upped the boost or modified it in some way.

#51     Feb 15, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

I was at the Chicago auto show yesterday. I saw the Carroll Shelby Cobra.

I will take on all comers in this car. Gawd help us if he decides to do a King Cobra, and use carbon fibre parts :cool:

I want to see the weight of this car go well under 3000 pounds, maybe like 2500. A King Cobra with 800 HP, 700 ft/pound of torque, on a car that weighs 2500 pounds mounted on Mickey Thompsons, all naturally aspirated - This is a sub 10 second car. A remedy to kill myself in :eek:

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=16649

Alas, this is nowhere near $30K, Also, the looks are too refined. It looks like a rich man's car. Leave the looks of the rear alone, but MAKE IT MEAN LOOKING in front :mad:

The sweet sweet sound of the exhaust note on this car. You think you are in Daytona.

nitro

#52     Feb 15, 2004
  3. I knew this would put the sports car wimps into a St. Vitus dance.

Maybe you BWM people can all be in that ad with the winding highway and the lullaby music sticking your arm out the window to catch a piece of blowing trash - or is that a Porshe ad? He he.

You aren't gonna laugh at 4 guys in bad suits glaring at you out of a big American 4 door - nosirree.

Geo.

#53     Feb 15, 2004
  4. Just bought an 04' M3 a few days ago. This is my first BMW, but man is this car fun to drive! If I could only have 1 car, I would take the M3 over my C5 Corvette :)

-Fast

#54     Feb 16, 2004
  5. So thats what you do with your new spare time :p

TM Trader

#55     Feb 16, 2004

6. i just sold mine! buy a short shift kit, makes a big difference
    the next model should be a beast, 8cyl approx 400hp

#56     Feb 16, 2004
  7. i just sold mine! buy a short shift kit, makes a big difference
    the next model should be a beast, 8cyl approx 400hp

#57     Feb 16, 2004
  8. I do have a LOT of free time now :D

-Fast

#58     Feb 16, 2004
  9. I will look into it. PM me if you there's a specific short-shift kit you would recommend.

I think the next M5 is supposed to have a V10 so I may just jump to that.

-Fast

#59     Feb 16, 2004