best sports car for around $30K

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigbeech, Feb 11, 2004.

1. nodelta

nodelta

The Vette would have the edge for about 100 Ft, until the Volvo's turbo kicked in. I've owned both, and I get groceries much faster now.

#41     Feb 12, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

Ugh,

I can't read.

nitro :(

#42     Feb 12, 2004
  3. It's OK...we still love you :D

-Fast

#43     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Yes, it's excellent if you want all you can eat animal protein... eat light today. The place is crazy on weekends, be prepared to wait a bit, but I think you'll like it, the service is very good.

riskarb

#44     Feb 13, 2004
  5. I had a '92 with similar issues, but not quite as bad... leaked more oil than my dad's '79 AMF Harley.

Yeah, the pedal placements on the Audi are weird, always have been... The RS6 is a MONSTER of a car, you owe yourself a test-drive, check out the size of the rotors, stops like nothing else I've driven. The engine, OMG...

riskarb

riskarb

#45     Feb 13, 2004
  6. Hey Riskarb,

I saw one of the first RS-6's that came into my local Audi dealer, in Daytona Grey . . . Couldn't believe that the car was ordered with a special "noisier" exhaust option for $300.00

:D

#46     Feb 15, 2004
  7. That's my color I believe, anyway, it's grey. The car is sick...:D

The power delivery is much smoother than the 911t.

riskarb

#47     Feb 15, 2004
  8. Sports car, and especially BMW, has "loser" written all over it. You want full size muscle - a "sleeper" with survivability. Finally, Detroit is answering the call from real men. 4 door Mercury Marauder, maybe with a police suspension, would be even better if they could get the horsepower up into the mid 350s. Also, that Chrysler 300 looks strong. Neither is as tough as the 1970 namesakes but at least you wont have people or police laughing at you. And 4 to 5K pounds gives you the throw weight to bump the diaper boys into the guard rail. :)

Geo.

#48     Feb 15, 2004
  9. you're telling me that a 400 horsepower supercharged BMW is a loser compared to a mercury or a chrysler 300??? the BMW would dust either of those cheesy cars...

#49     Feb 15, 2004
  10. oh man! how can u call BMW "a loser" ?
    chrysler and mercury have zero tradition in racing!
    any of the M cars will smoke your muscle cars off the light, and on the track :D i might need a magnifying mirror to see you

#50     Feb 15, 2004