best sports car for around $30K

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigbeech, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Will check out the "Chi ET meet" thread... only caveat, wife in is labor with our first, a boy, and I think we're going to be here awhile...

:eek:

riskarb

#31     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Strategery, my friend with the 350Z and a few of his friends are gonna be going for a spirited drive this Friday. I can connect you with them if you'd like to go. I think they're supposed to have three 350Zs.

I guess all the cool cars are in Chicago :D I'm in Glenview. Let me know if you guys ever wanna go out for some spirited driving this spring/summer :D

-Fast

#32     Feb 12, 2004
  3. I had a deposit down on an Audi S4 out here, but pulled it when I couldn't deal with the brake pedal placement ( it felt a bit high to me ).

In any event, don't hesistate about the VW Toureg.
    A buddy of mine just got one for his place on Lake Winnapasakee, New Hampshire and he LOVES IT!

:p

#33     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Cool good to hear... think I'll wait for the '05 model, I've a tough time buying the first year of any model.

riskarb

#34     Feb 12, 2004
  5. I bought a brand new 1990 Porsche Carerra-2
    It was the very first year of the Carerra-2

This model had 83% of it changed, compared to the previous 911's. I had so many bugs in this car in the first 2 years of ownership that it really turned me off to German vehicles.

I was on a first name basis with my service manager. High beam bulbs go out at 22,000 miles? Horn goes out at 22,000 miles? Oil reservoir pump and pressurized fluid lines, junk? Stereo junk? Flywheel cracks and spills silicon fluid all over the clutch plates at 33,000 miles and destroys the entire clutch?

(this was a big problem on 90-92 Carerras)

Thank God the Germans brought in that Toyota engineering team a few years later to help them "automate" their assembly line and streamline their chassis and parts system.

As a result, they were able to save the company with the new Boxster.

#35     Feb 12, 2004
  6. I would love to go, but am obligated to a Pre-Valentine's day/double date dinner at Fogo De Chow. Definetly once it gets warmer. Either of you CHi-Towners ever been there?

#36     Feb 12, 2004
  7. hear/read someplace the boxster came out of a Volvo plant. story was volvo was going down and porsche bailed them out by outsourcing the boxster to them until Volvo could survive on its own. im not sure what year porsche took it back.

#37     Feb 12, 2004
  8. "For the 1998 model year, Porsche realized that they could sell more Boxsters if they could build more Boxsters. Since the plant in Zuffenhausen was already at capacity, they contracted with a company in Finland named Valmet to manufacture vehicles in Uusikaupunki, Finland. All SAAB 900 convertibles, both old and new body styles, have been built by Valmet. Many that have SAAB convertibles say that they seem to have had fewer problems than those who bought SAAB sedans built in Sweden."

#38     Feb 12, 2004
  9. nodelta

nodelta

10. #40     Feb 12, 2004