best sports car for around $30K

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigbeech, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Just came in the mail today.
    The March issue has a comparative test on Top Sports Sedans for Under $35,000. Here is how they ranked:

1. Infinity G35 Sedan
    2.) BMW 325i
    3.) Accura TL
    4.) Lexus IS-300
    5.) Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
    6.) Saab 9-3 Arc
    7.) Jaguar X-type 3.0

#21     Feb 11, 2004
  2. If you can live with a 2 seater and like bmws go with a BMW M coupe, handles like a gokart and if u can get one with 315hp engine, u can smoke an M5 off the line, he will catch up to u fast at the end of your second gear :) alternatively u can get an 00 model put a supecharger for 6k and smoke pretty much everything on the road. dont buy a car that has been already modified, no matter what they said obviously somebody beat the s.. out of it already

#22     Feb 11, 2004
  3. It was a wet kit with 2 bottles, a bottle warmer, RPM window controls, and a purge. Pretty good deal.

People are running up to 350HP (which is insane) without blowing up.
    The general consensus is that you can go 75-150HP without any lower engine mods. The kit came with a few jets.

I don't have a pic of my car, but this is the color I have:

• 350.jpg
      File size:
      35.5 KB
      Views:
    #23     Feb 12, 2004
  4. I'm partial to Audi and Porsche, tiptronic trans. are fantastic. I've a 911 Turbo for the summer and an Audi RS6 Avant for the inclement weather, the Audi is an absolute joy to drive. Honestly, I enjoy the RS6 more than the 911. I'm selling the 911T this Spring and will be keeping the Audi as my primary car.

In terms of true sports-car handling, AWD isn't traditionally considered a positive, but in Chicago it's a must have.

A certified/used Audi would be a good option.

riskarb

#24     Feb 12, 2004
  5. It's an RS6... the Avant is the wagon, typo, was going to recommend a used Avant if you've got kids.

riskarb

#25     Feb 12, 2004
  6. I think even 150 is insane on the 350Z. Set aside some cash to rebuild the motor; just in case :D

-Fast

#26     Feb 12, 2004
  7. riskarb, is the 911T a 6-spd or a tip?

-Fast

#27     Feb 12, 2004
  8. Fast, it's the TipS, and I cannot redline the 911 with Tiptronic.

In a sedan, it's a no-brainer.

Thinking about a VW Touareg, especially since there's a tip-option and a 310hp V8!

riskarb

#28     Feb 12, 2004
  9. I'm probably going to just put exhaust on it and call it a day. Probably going to have a kid in the next year or two and get rid of the Z anyway. It has been in the garage all winter. I, like riskarb, live in Chicago, and it would go nowhere in the snow.

I fell in love with this (attached) after I sat on it at the Chicago Bike show last week. I currently have a Hayabusa, but this thing was pretty damn cool.

#29     Feb 12, 2004
  10. For the price ($55K), I would go for a Lexus LX470 or GX470...actually, that's what I went for. Thinking about picking up a 6-spd M3. Btw, you should come out to the Chicago ET meet :cool:

-Fast

#30     Feb 12, 2004