Best songs ever ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Nov 4, 2003.

1. wow, is everyone who's posted to this thread from Indiana??

...what's with all the buttrock?

way to stay off the beaten path, guys...

#21     Nov 6, 2003
  2. demonet

demonet

Turn Me Loose

Loverboy

#22     Nov 6, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No Meatloaf yet?
    Bat out of Hell
    Dashboard Light

Harry Chapin
    Sniper and other Lovesongs

Kraftwerks
    Autobahn.....best driving music made.

Robert Palmer
    Life in the Fast Lane
    (makes me high just to think about that one)

No Aphie, neither of us got to go to Woodstock. Some of my friends did but my Mom said NO.......I got to see the movie when it first came out instead......and my Mom got me the alblum.....oh well.......
    Bob was a cop in NJ at the time of Woodstock. When he was in college he went to Peter Paul and Mary and Highwaymen concerts and heard people like Joan Baez, Pete Seeger and Earl Skruggs jamming in their backyards. And the Newport Folk Festival. Seven students in an old DeSoto.

I went to Don McLean concerts. You know, American Pie.....but I was into his music from his first songs like Bumper Dipped in Red.
    I also saw Iron Butterfly and The Who.

Different time on a different planet. Brings back a lot of fond memories.:D :D

#23     Nov 6, 2003
  4. demonet

demonet

LOL :D

#24     Nov 6, 2003
  5. Morrissey from the Smiths is not Jim.
    It's Stephen P. Morrissey

and the song you're thinking of is "How soon is Now"

happy trading:D

#25     Nov 6, 2003

6. cool stuff. COC before they turned metal ! that must have been awesome. i saw D.R.I. opening for suicidal tendencies on a metal/ punk crossover tour in a small room. talk about intense !

live on,

surfer:)

#26     Nov 6, 2003

7. morrissey has a first name ??

girlfriend in a coma is classic !

how about my favorite 80's pop band--"echo and the bunnymen"

best,

surfer:)

#27     Nov 6, 2003
  8. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

rush at the la forum, 1989 (or thereabouts). that was a great live concert. and the 'yes' festivals were good too.

re music, also pink floyd 'dark side of the moon' (how many times have i listened to that album?), led zep, doors, george thorogood, the police, the who..

dvds, the pretenders' 'loose in la" is good, and the rush/rio is best new dvd, barely edging out sade's latest live concert dvd..

btw, anyone know any good jazz concert live dvds (brubeck/miles/sinatra)?

thx,

ken

p.s. all of the above are best with bombay sapphire, served straight in a martini glass shaken not stirred

#28     Nov 6, 2003