Best songs ever ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Nov 4, 2003.

1. First concert: STRYPER!!!! Yes! My mom bought me the tickets for me and my friends because they were a Christian rock band. I guess she thought they would be a good influence.

Best Concerts: Every friggin' single U2 concert!

#11     Nov 5, 2003

2. LOL ! i remember those guys. they wore yellow and black jump suits--the sweet brothers--right ?? funny stuff !

surfer

#12     Nov 5, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I'm a bit to young for Woodstock I, but my list

1. Springsteen, McGaw Hall Evanston Il. 11/78
    2. The Who, International Amphitheater, Chicago 5/80
    3. Elton John (solo on grand piano 1st half of show, accompanied by Ray Cooper on percussion for 2nd half) Auditorium Theatre, Chicago 11/79
    4. Emerson, Lake & Palmer with 80 piece orchestra, Soldier Field 6/77
    5. Jackson Browne McGaw Hall Evanston 4/78

#13     Nov 5, 2003
  4. Best concerts?

Anything in Gainesville, FL from '76 - '85!

The Outlaws? George Thorogood & The Destroyers? Arlo Guthrie? Peter Tosh and Mick Jagger? Hell, even the B-52s, etc, etc. Seems like they were all great when looked at through the fog of time.

Those were the days... :cool:

#14     Nov 5, 2003
  5. Yep, those were the guys. They could not fill up a hockey arena. I wonder what their groupies were like.

#15     Nov 5, 2003
  6. chasmann

chasmann

All Led Zeppelin concerts were great. Emerson Lake and Palmer was a bit refined for the crowd I ran with but put on a mind bender of a concert ( nothing can compare to a screaming Moog Synthesizer while you are trippen). I went to see Ted Nugent when he was a bar band, I still get a spine chill when I hear "Strangle Hold".

Best concerts that I didn't expect to be so good would include Edgar Winters White Trash, Jethro Tull, and Alice Cooper
    (all in 1970 - 1971).

#16     Nov 5, 2003
  7. Siwash

Siwash

Best:
    Van Halen 1985-20 minute guitar solo by Eddie,and the building shook when Michael Anthony rolled around on the stage with his Bass..David lee roth at his kung fu kickin finest!

Worst :Tie

Deep Purple 1983?..Ritchie Blackmore left because he got hit with a bottle..they didn't play "Smoke on The Water ":(

Beach Boys about 1995..man talk about over the hill.

Last : Pearl Jam in May,great show!!

#17     Nov 5, 2003
  8. Pabst

Pabst

LOL! I was at a Cheap Trick concert around July 4th in '79 and Blackmore's Rainbow opened. Because of some goon's in the balcony lobbing M-80's onto the stage the show was called early. Blackmore must really bring out the worst in people!!:) :confused:

#18     Nov 6, 2003
  9. Best concert I ever saw...The music was awesome (Billy f**king ROCKED that day!), the crowd was out of control, and DAMN all the hot chicks with their tops off that night!!!

The first 5 years of Lollapalooza was amazing and here are some of the groups from those years that I will never forget!!!

1991 Minneapolis

"Janes Addiction" "NIN"

1992 Minneapolis

"Red Hot Chili Peppers" "Ministry" "Soundgarden" "Pearl Jam"

1993 Minneapolis

"Front 242" "Babes In Toyland"

1994 Minneapolis

"Smashing Pumpkins" "Beastie Boys" "L7"

1995 Austin

"Hole" "Beck" "Moby"

That was the last year I ever saw Lollapalooza and I have been missing it ever since!!! :D

Chris

#19     Nov 6, 2003
  10. I like small clubs - stadiums just don’t cut it unless you get floor tickets. even then there's a disconnect.

being in the pit for NIN at woodstock

Marilyn Manson in a small club (about 500 people) was outstanding

My life with the thrill kill cult and Lords of Acid - ahh that was great, in the same small club as above with lots female and male blow up sex dolls hanging from the ceiling banging each other

first concert was seeing Corrosion of Conformity (in its punk days) with Circle Jerks headlining. Hehe and morbid angel opened.

#20     Nov 6, 2003