Best Solar

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TheCaymanIsland, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Any of you guys doing anything with solar? ETF or perhaps just one company you really like?

2. mac

mac

As long as oil stays at these levels solars are out of play. It's gonna be a while untill any alternative energy stocks pay off.

3. Where have you been??? FSLR has gone from 86 to 149 today in a matter of weeks. That's a 73% move. If these things aren't for trading, nothing is. But I agree- they are now coming back down.

4. Bull, so what plays are you looking at? I heard the Middle East is working on some sort of solar solution that they will EVENTUALLY sell to the rest of the world.

5. I follow FSLR, but have been burned badly the way it gaps. I would be a buyer no more than in the 85-90 range. JASO is a wild ride too if you have the stomach.

6. kipster

kipster

Jefferies initiates First Solar (FSLR 137.88) with a Buy and a $180 tgt saying they believe FSLR is positioned to outpace industry earnings growth through a variety of different macro scenarios due to its low cost production advantage. The firm sees group weakness as an opportunity to buy clear survivors and long-term solar winners for a recovery cycle.

7. mac

mac

FSLR is down 50% from it's high around 300. I agree it's up nicely, but that's only in the past 30 days. Look at a long term chart and you'll see it's in a downtrend. It has just recently traded above it's 50dma. If it breaks below that level I would be carefull. I think the dumb money is coming into solars now because of the new administration.
    As for JASO, That is also trending lower over the long term. It will take a while before all this alternative energy talk is going to be fruitfull. Were in a bear market,trade the trend.

8. kipster

kipster

Im short FSLR today @ 139.05
    seeking negative territory today

9. kipster

kipster

forced to cover

not looking good for shorts right now

10. To the OP-
    TAN is an all solar ETF

#10     Dec 19, 2008