Best software to program system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TightStop, Sep 17, 2009.

1. SlvrBear

SlvrBear

I have NeoTickerEOD and agree that the learning curve is a bit steep, but in terms of *functionality* don't know that you can beat NeoTicker. The ScanWorkshop component alone is worth the price of the product. I scan 100-1500 securities and get good results. Next milestone for me is to implement 'automated' trading system and I find that the output from the NeoTicker ScanWorkshop is almost invaluable to that effort. For now I swing trade EOD (sometimes I cheat and trade intraday) but when I do go RT it'll be with NeoTicker.

Hope this helps; good luck and good trading!

SB

#11     Sep 19, 2009
  2. If you're using IB, you can also use CoolTrade, which is all automated. Much easier than TradeStation or Ninja Trader.

CoolTrade Fully Automated Stock Trading Software

#12     Sep 24, 2009
  3. gm1111

gm1111

Hi SB,

what datafeed you use to scan 1500 securities? It seems not possible for IB. thx GM

#13     Nov 8, 2009
  4. The Ninjatrader automated system is basically C#, so if you have any background with that, it might speed the learning curve.

I believe it is $60/month or you can pay a one time fee of $995 for a permanent license.

#14     Nov 9, 2009
  5. iuykcif

iuykcif

Full flexibility is achieved by using languages such as vb.net or c#.

Excel seems more immediate, but it's by far too limiting, and actually useless if we are talking about real automation.

However, such greater flexibility comes at a very high price. In the sense that you will find yourself programming for years to get it right. Anyway it's certainly a fascinating journey, worth to be done.

#15     Nov 10, 2009