Best software for Trading Options that includes ease of use, execution and trade ideas

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by taipan77, Apr 18, 2020.

1. taipan77

taipan77

I've been trading options for years and I have several strategies that I employ depending on what I'm trying to do i.e. iron condors for earning plays, covered calls on long term plays, buying or selling verticals for direction depending on volatility.

My question is I really would like to find a software platform that can give me advanced features i.e. option price discrepancies and trade-ideas to use for my above strategies. Currently I work full-time so much of this analysis would be done pre and post market. Currently I use the following platforms: IB, TOS, and tastyworks. I've found that my favorite way to setup trades, which is actually sad to say, is via my phone using IB Option Chain & strategy builder. I find it easy and efficient in what I try to do. This is typically done right after I use TOS to find a stock that I would like to setup up the trade on.

2. Atikon

Atikon

ThinkorSwim, breaks my heart to say it because I can't get it with live data as a non US Resident, but it's amazing. The Research, Fundamentals, News you get with it is just another bonus on top. Let's hope Schwab will buy TDA and Schwab Clients will be able to use TOS

3. taipan77

taipan77

TOS is nice for charting and does have some nice features, but since a lot of the commissions are now gone I feel that future capabilities will not arrive. Lately I've watched some videos and threads on Livevol-x and it seems very interesting, but of course it's a lot more expensive.

4. Atikon

Atikon

I've read on reddit that they were planning to invest into TOS even post merger. I saw Schwabs platform and I can't even fathom Schwab scratching TOS, I think they will move their clients over to TOS. But the merger is frozen right now, noone is going to make a move before the smoke clears. So I guess maybe next year we will hear something and the first thing I will do is to open a schwab account as soon as they let their clients use TOS

5. taipan77

taipan77

To add to this has anybody used CBOE LiveVol Pro or Sterling volTrader?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor