Best software for listed trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LelandC, Jul 31, 2001.

1. LelandC

LelandC

I was wondering if some of you would like to comment on what you feel is the best execution software for listed stock trading? I am currently using Realtick III which utilizes an ISI connection and it is OK. I have heard good things about RediPlus. I guess it shows opening indications, etc.

Anyone care to comment on what they feel is the best execution software for listed stock trading???

Leland

2. trader58

trader58

I use ISI Market Machine. In 15 months I have not had one problem with this software. And the support is amazing. Countless times, I have called ISI when I get bad or late fills...and they always fight for me. The software is simple but it does the job. I am aware of some systems that go down almost daily. ISI has never gone down on me.

Two thing I would change: The first deals with human error. My system does not stop me from selling on a minus tick, when I am not long. The second; I think it would be beneficial if I could open multiple order entry windows. Currently I can only open two.

3. LelandC

LelandC

trader58,

So with your ISI Market machine do you have a direct connection to the NYSE?

Leland

4. trader58

trader58

Yes...through the SuperDot