Best smartphone for Interactive Brokers customers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by travelingtrader, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I have Blackberry Storm II. I tried with TWS, I do not think I can trade with it. Maybe emergency exist positions. But I can use the Blackberry G3 connection as a modem to access Internet by my laptop, which is neat as a backup of my regular Internet access.

#11     Sep 7, 2010
  2. Mr J

Mr J

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this topic. I recently bought myself a tablet (like an Ipad, but more powerful and runs windows 7), but I'm finding it a bit inconvenient to lug around - I wouldn't mind something pocket-sized.

I would hope to use it as a trading alternative (at least when I'm away from the desktop), and not just for an emergency.

I'd be looking at something like an iphone, blackberry storm 2, or an HTC desire, so opinions on these or similar products would be greatly appreciated. I see that the iphone and blackberry are supported by IB, but judging by the reviews the HTC would be preferable (particularly with the higher resolution). IB would only be to enter/exit, I plan to use esignal's mobile data.

#12     Sep 30, 2010