best sites for support and resistence levels

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fred1, May 10, 2012.

1. Actionforex.com pivots are nice for the lazy :)

#11     May 17, 2012
  2. #12     May 17, 2012
  3. IcyTrade

IcyTrade

#13     May 30, 2012
  4. +1

#14     May 30, 2012
  5. I find that just throwing random lines up on the screen perform just as well as any other support/ resistance.

#15     May 30, 2012
  6. if you guys are thinking Support & Resistances are anything other than former highs and lows (as opposed to 61.8% retracements, or "pivot" formulas or Ikoomoochoo's cloud) then you are so far out of your league you should stop trading now.

I worked in retail for many years and used to cringe when I'd hear a new customer explain their system for trading the 21-day moving average with stochastics, on their newly funded $5k account.

Sometimes it pays to learn to be "stupid" [by stupid, I mean simple].

There are no good websites.

Except maybe...

WIKIPEDIA: Support & Resistance. That will show you all you need to know.

Good luck,
    CTA

#16     May 30, 2012

7. that's a pretty dumb statement.

old highs and lows are NOT the only SR levels that exist...

#17     May 30, 2012
  8. bmatthews

bmatthews

I think what he was saying is that too many newbies and "Pros" over complicate their trading strategy, not realizing that no matter what they do, those lines and pivots and other contraptions cannot predict price movement in the future.

My personal view. Support and Resistance should be just that, Support and Resistance.

Meaning... Support lines should provide support to a trading decision to fo LONG on a stock and Resistance lines should provide resistance to a trading decision NOT to go long on a stock.

( Sorry, I don't short. )

#18     May 31, 2012