Best simple software for IB data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by drukes1234, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Candle size is dynamic based on the amount of data that needs to be squeezed into the window. You can zoom in on the data, so that less data is displayed, or increase bar frequency. Right click on the chart and select CHART PERIOD and/or FREQUENCY. Can also use +/- keys on the keyboard

As for Russell and crude:
    GLOBEX:mad:ER2U6
    NYMEX:mad:QMU6

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#11     Jul 26, 2006
  2. You should also check out Sierracharts. Although not free, it is only $15/mth. You can get a free 12 day trial.

www.sierrachart.com

#12     Jul 26, 2006
  3. I think I may go with Ensign

#13     Jul 26, 2006
  4. pm me if you have any basic questions. i had to completely re-vamp my platform last week, and i went with ensign. at least for now... also, they have solid phone support.

best of luck

jon

#14     Jul 26, 2006
  5. Thanks Jmiles -- I've used Ensign before and I like how easy it is to use.. I guess I was just looking for something a little cheaper but 40/month isn't too bad.

#15     Jul 26, 2006
  6. Hey I appreciate your offer to help. I just have one question. So far I have only opened up a 1 minute chart but it seems that everytime I refresh the chart, the candlesticks look slightly different. I understand every once in a while a refresh changing the look of the chart a bit, but almost every time I refresh it changes. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a case where I need a faster video card -- I have been told by many traders that a much better video card would help with the refresh rate, ensuring I don't have to refresh every 5 seconds.

#16     Jul 26, 2006
  7. Take a look at Amibroker. Decent charting, one time fee. Pretty reasonable.

#17     Jul 26, 2006
  8. I seriously doubt you would notice a change from using a faster card, or even one with a ton of memory. When you say the candles look different, what exactly do you mean? Could it be that the charting is changing the price scale and that gives them a different look as older candles drop off the left side of the screen?

#18     Jul 26, 2006
  9. What I mean by candles looking different, is for example: A candle will look like just your ordinary candle, but after refreshing, it looks turns into a hammer. I trade candlestick patterns so this is very important for me.

#19     Jul 27, 2006
  10. Can you capture time&sales to see what changed? I guess that would be a problem because presumably the T&S will change also to reflect the changed candle pattern. If this happens very infrequently, it might just be bad ticks being corrected, but it sounds like it happens all the time.

#20     Jul 27, 2006