Best short locate -cobra,guardian,centerpoint,etc

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fishindamarket, Jan 28, 2023.

1. I’m looking to open a new account strictly for shorting low floats / HTB stocks.
    I’ve heard about guardian, centerpoint, ninja & cobra. Are there any other good ones?

pros/cons or experience with any of these ?

I’m in the US. Starting with 50-70k account.
    Probably trade under 500k shares a month.
    I like low cost but don’t want to go with a low cost broker who may not have locates on names while others do.
    Thanks all!

2. destriero

destriero

I’ve only used Centerpoint and their interface is the most transparent. The problem is locating enough to make it worthwhile in a crowded space (locates on small floats). I can recommend them, caveats aside.

Maverick2608 likes this.
  3. mikeriley

mikeriley

It helps immensely to use a platform that offers Simulated Trading
    and Market replay. Both of which are essential to develop strategy.

Starting an account over 50k implies an experienced
    trader. If you are not experienced, you'll just be
    frustratingly throwing your equity to the sharks
    waiting for new traders.

If you're not experienced, by all means seek as much
    quality training as you can before you throw money at
    the markets.

A little reading for perspective;
    https://www.tradingacademy.com/cult...n-to-answer-youll-need-to-decide-for-yourself

4. Would you recommend Centerpoint over IB overall and why?

5. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

You are missing TradeZero. Not only are we awesome at sourcing shares for shorting, we are commission free for stocks above $1 after 7am EST, and we have a patent pending innovation that allows you to sell your locates or preborrows to the next traders that wants them, when you no longer need them. We have a free trial of ZeroPro, our flagship platform. www.tradezero.us

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  6. TRADE ZERO DOESNT ALLOW YOU TO SHORT STOCKS BELOW 1 DOLLAR
    THEIR LOCATE PRICES ARE INSANELY MARKED UP
    YOU CAN SELL THEM BACK FOR ABOUT 1% OF WHAT YOU BORROWED THEM FOR
    ALL KINDS OF MARGIN REQUIREMENTS FOR THIN NAMES
    WORST BROKER OUT THERE FOR SHORT SELLING

7. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

That is a totally inaccurate post. The locates are highly competitive while also giving access to preborrows. The sell backs start at 30% of the current locate cost.

8. upload_2024-3-18_15-25-39.png STI cheapest locate was .05 , credited .01 ... "The sell back starts at 30% the locate cost"Nice bold face Lie! Next

9. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

Thank you for your business. You should see that I said 30% of the current price of the locate. STI is below .035 as of the time of posting. I would like to thank you for your business and would appreciate speaking with you personally so that I can address any other concerns that you may have.

10. upload_2024-4-4_9-7-34.png Full of shit, 700% hike compared to competition. real competitive.

#10     Apr 4, 2024