Best Series 7 materials?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jimclark, Sep 14, 2007.

1. I am planning to buy some materials from http://www.stcusa.com which run about $225 for self paced.

What other sources available to buy or sites to use for test preparation.

I appreciate your suggestions.

2. ?

3. jmccain

jmccain

I got the full Dearborn set brand new from Ebay for about 100$ and got 93% on the exam. That was back in '04

4. I bought a study guide at Borders Books for the Series 7 which had review materials and practice exams for under $30 and studied on my own and passed. Not sure you need the fancy expensive materials so try one of those study guides from the bookstore first.

Depends on how you think you do on standardized tests I guess...

5. This is a really dated post I'm responding to, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations that are useful for today.

6. i hear good things about "series 7 for dummies" by Rice. but it is not for everybody since it is not comprehensive.

hard to beat ~$14

7. This book leaves a lot untouched, but it is like the best shot-term crash course for getting a foundation. I still feel like it leaves a lot left to be desired, but a lot of the books do. I bought several, read a few, and I have the memory of a gnat and keep forgetting what I learned.

8. Kaplan all the way.