Best School, Course, or Class for Daytrading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pamjoey, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I think you made your point, how many days in a row are you going to tell us about losing your life savings to a Snake Oil Salesman?

#21     Jul 18, 2007
  2. 777

Amazon.com: Traders of the New Era Expanded: Interviews with a Select Group of Day and Swing Traders Who are Still Beating the Markets in the Era of High Frequency Trading and Flash Crashes eBook: Fernando Oliveira, Leandro Oliveira, Joel Elconin: Kindle Store

A comparatively recent and accurate overview through interviews, though what works changes quicker and quicker.

The author has been a winning trader who posts under the name Daal on http://Elitetrader.com and can be messaged there.

However, there is no book that a beginner can read and then go out and win.

Technological progress and information flow has accelerated and there are not many mom and pop winners anymore. I knew maybe 15 winners 15 years ago and none win now; most prop forms have closed, etc

Most gurus-for-hire are hustlers who may have once won but often not. Many books are bad or severely outdated.

The best chance for most people is to develop a personal relationship with a winning trader(s), which most can never do. However, this should be your goal.

*If you do this, let me know (smile & wink)

I will guess you do not have the supper math/science background to get hired by Renaissance Technologies, but this is as sure a road to wealth as I can think of. This firm has created more billionaires than any I can think of.

Another long shot for most would be to try for an interview at Sesqhanna International. A legit education and a job.

Be very, very careful of putting up money at prop firms unless you have a personal relationship with a winning trader at that firm, then of course go for it!

Most prop firms over promise and if they have winners, those winners rarely want to create competition if they are working a strong angle/glitch.

Yes… sometimes there are anomalies, loopholes, etc that simply print money.. almost every day! But when they happen, it is an incredible longshot you will hear of them. Why would you? Example: the old SOES Bandits.

Conclusion:

Try for personal relationships with winning traders who CURRENTLY have an edge.

Extremely hard to do. Obvious reasons.

#22     Jun 1, 2018
  3. i have been with this guy for a couple months learning about order flow . He is a no bullshit guy that does live trading and not afraid to say when he loses tradeproacademy.com/

#23     Jun 1, 2018