Best School, Course, or Class for Daytrading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pamjoey, Mar 28, 2007.

1. pamjoey

pamjoey

I am planning to attend a daytrading class, later this year.

I would be interested to know if anyone, who has attended, can recommend a good course. There are so many, and I am trying to narrow it down.

Bright Trading, DTI, OTA & Tony Oz are just a few, I have looked into. So far if I had to choose today, I would attend Bright Trading classes.

Anyone who has attended any of the above, or know of any others, that are good, please let me know.

Thanks,
    joey

2. Hi pam.

I did take the begginers dti course in dec 2006. i then tried to dispute the charge as the school, the method & software sucks. i lost in the credit despute as they are very very smart dealing with disputes (they must have a lot of excperiance as they know exactly what to say for you to lose the dispute). if anyone else is doing a dispute with them PM me i have finally relized what i did wrong during the dispute.

there is one good thing about paying them 6500 bucks. since i lost the dispute i can write about how stinky they are and how they really teach you nothing of value. that is the only pleasure i recieved from that class.

I would recommend you read books , read some more and then some more. surf the boards and ask questions spend time studiyng until you understand trading everyone is different u need to learn on your own.

3. Surdo

Surdo

If you paid someone $6500 to learn to trade, that was your first big mistake.

4. when i first got into trading i took a $3000 2 day course that taught the basic T/L SAR FIBS etc. It was a waste of money .
    If i had to spend money again i would research and spend money on a trading system that shows buy and sell signals. There is no perfect system the best you can get is 70% right. Then when you get the system just learn it to perfection . know when to get out of a bad trade and when to let it run.

the trick is to find a proven system and have the confidence in it?

5. Correct, but you won't get that by handing your hard-earned money over to a vendor.

6. Hey there I am not sure I totally agree with the logic behind this statement. Are you saying that no vendor offers a system that can be say 70% successful?

So the only person who can develop such a system is the individual? Yet that person may have little to no experience and the vendor has had say 1000's of hours experince?

I have seen more than a few systems that do work it is the way they are applied that causes many to fail that is because the person using it doesnt do the work to internally own it which means the second it has a bad patch they lose heart and jump ship.

I think purchasing or acquiring from the web a simple cheap system is a good way to get started for a newbie but the work STARTS at this point.

7. Right -- it's the confidence that money won't buy you.

And it is essential.

8. I agree with you there matey BUT having some sort of grounded theory can be a big help even something basic like a swing tarde breakout system just to give someone a feel of what a system looks like. Also longer time frame systems tend to have greater longevity I feel. The person has to find out what instrument/timeframe etc they are most comfotable with.

9. Nattdog

Nattdog

I would say taking classes in programming, statistical analysis/ statistical programming, financial markets, etc would be more helpful than non academic courses on "trading". Once you can do research, u have a basis to start testing/refining ideas and creating opportunities. you odds off success will go up if you build a foundation in the fundamentals. If you are too lazy/dumb to do that, well, good luck!

10. totally agree, the best way to spend 6500 bucks learning would be to buy 500 dollars worth of books, then open an account with 6k and trade one YM. Even if you lose it all you will learn far more than anything your going to learn in a class on "trading".

#10     Jul 18, 2007