Best Santelli Rant in a while..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

LOL you've got a way with words PT. :D

#31     Sep 21, 2012
  2. Thanks, I appreciate that.

#32     Sep 21, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Santelli:

"I said lets get the calculator out and so I did. And so did many of the big blogs out there that many people read, like Zero Hedge." THATS IT. Then he went into the Labor Force Participation Rate being at 30 year lows.

I get that you realize you can't pin this on Santelli, but you sure do keep trying to figure a way to make your asinine original argument look better. Fact is, it doesn't.

As far as your calculation and hypothesis on people retiring, I can't argue with any of that, except for the small pesky fact of all the reports of seniors holding off retirement in order to keep working. But none of that is in debate here. All we're doing is showing how your trying to attack Santelli is...well, you know. Crap, and all that.

#33     Sep 22, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Slam dunk.

#34     Sep 22, 2012
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Santelli knows exactly what he's talking about. Period.

#35     Sep 22, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

And now Kaminsky adding his voice. Another excellent listen.

<param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000117930/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000117930/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

#36     Sep 24, 2012
  7. Sorry, Maverick, I been busy... Would you still like me to respond to this?
    Would you like me to respond to this also, amico?

#37     Sep 30, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sure Martin, give it a whirl. Would love to hear what a friendly bloke from the other side of the pond has to say. :)

#38     Sep 30, 2012
  9. Indeed and I am happy to respond in the same friendly vein...

So, generally speaking, with all due respect to Mr Santelli's achievements, I would say the following. Firstly, I don't really see the point and the validity of comparing him to myself (for a whole variety of reasons). Secondly, as it happens, I have worked my way up in the same market (interest rates) from a lowly desk assistant to a title that is quite a bit more senior than VP (with a caveat that I am not sure whether during Santelli's time a VP was as junior a role as it is today). Thirdly and most importantly, I take risk, which Mr Santelli, as a broker, never did, as far as I know. Treat it FWIW and hopefully it offers an acceptable response to your question.

#39     Sep 30, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

It didn't. LOL. The comparison between you and Santelli was in jest. That wasn't the part I wanted you to respond to. For the record, Rick did take risk. He was a local and a broker as most brokers were at that time. Rick unfortunately was not blessed with height. The pit at that time was full of guys 6"6 and 260 pounds. Rick had no long term future standing in that pit. Take that for what it's worth.

As for you taking risk, I assume it's with "other" people's money. Nothing wrong with that, but worth noting. Locals risk their own money. Anyway I digress, my apologies.

The part I actually wanted you to respond to was why Rick's background at all has any bearing on whether you think he is right or wrong. I suspect, and again, my apologies if I'm mistaken, is that assertion is based on your "political" views and not the merits of the argument. Again, this is p&r and you are well in your right to hold political views.

I live in Chicago and I know a lot of locals that know Rick well. Many of them democrats! Many of them Keynesians! And yet all of them hold him in the highest regards. He is very well respected and knows the business at least as well as anyone else down there. So again Martin, I throw the mic back to you across the pond. Explain to me again your disagreement with Rick's statements and this time, leave the part about his background out of the argument. Your serve chap.

#40     Sep 30, 2012