Best realtime feeds? Need a fresh VOTE!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by axeman, Mar 29, 2004.

1. bargain?
    For what I need? I strongly disagree. You want to charge me basically the same you would change some third-party developer? Why is that? Only to get the data I already pay for, into my application or Excel Sheet? Come on.........(DDE does not work as it does not offer any feature to display the 5 best bid and offers).

I do not see the reason why I would be charged 200 bucks just to begin with..... absolutely overpriced!!!

#41     Mar 31, 2004
  2. FeedDemon,

also, I got one question: Why is it that you guys are lighting fast at implementing full volume/price data into API when it comes to charging for such feature as part of the API product you sell and on the other side you are COMPLETELY INCAPABLE of implementing cumulative volume for the emini contracts into the standard esignal application. Hello, I ALREADY PAY FOR IT!!! Now, I do not get volume data as part of my standard subscription (although I am entitled to), but you wanna sell me a product for 200 out of my pocket plus 20 bucks a month just to get some stinky volume data onto my Excel Sheet. Sir, this is approaching audacity, don't you agree?

#42     Mar 31, 2004
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

japtrading,

I think you may be mixing some subjects here. I outlined in my PM to you last week that the cumulative volume on eminis should be available in eSignal in 7.7. If you had the API, since the raw data is present, you could do this right now on a streaming real-time basis. The issue for us is that in the eSignal app, we need to make some changes to integrate this new process and still coincide with our history data.

If you need further clarification, please feel free to PM me again.

Thanks.

#43     Apr 1, 2004
  4. however question how serious you guys are about implementing cumulative volume into the standard application. This is NOT A NEW issue. It has been requested numerous times from version 7.3 onward. How difficult can it be (and you already have got the raw data at hand) to set up a new variable and feed that one with cumulative volume and keep the total volume where it is at the moment (meaning, total volume for futures represents total volume of the previous day).

I do not think I mix up things. I want the features I pay for but instead of implementing them much earlier (from version 7.3; meaning, over a year now) you are working on Quotrek, API stuff, and many other things that generate BIG BUCKS FOR YOUR FIRM, but MINIMIZE value for EXISTING CUSTOMERS. And when asking for the feature through the API I am confronted with someone who tries to tell me how great a deal it is to pay USD 200 out of the pocket plus USD 20/month for having the data I ALREADY PAY THE FULL PRICE FOR, stream onto a Excel sheet or into a self-coded application. Do you still think I mix up things here? (Sorry, but I am quite upset, because recently customer service at Esignal stinks big time; the live reps are incredibly incompetent (they do not even know what is on your web sites), and pricing is pushed up for things we already pay for; for instance, USD 200 for a retail client to even start using the API is nothing short of ROBBERY: How much support does a retail client need for API? If one choses a higher level of support than just some documentation you can charge USD 200 or whatever, but for a retail client, trying to just divert the paid-for-data onto some lousy Excel Sheet???).

#44     Apr 1, 2004
  5. hayman

hayman

Although Realtick costs a bundle, I have compared it diligently with eSginal, and found the following (this was based on eSignal 7.5, BTW):

- RealTick has better server redundancy, when a server
    goes down. It is usually seamless, where eSignal required
    manual shutdown/restart on many occassions.

- Customer support is infinitely better with Realtick. Usually get a competenent tech support person in 10-15 seconds, whereas with eSignal I was literally on hold once for 1/2 hour. Realtick takes a lot more pride in their customer support than eSignal, no question about it.

- RealTick data is more reliable. I trade thinner liquidity stocks and eSignal was behind the eight ball with Level 1's on many occasions. When I called them on it, they denied it.

- Realtick has an extensive API toolkit that comes with the product. It is documented well, and works well. It was hard to find doc on eSignal's API. No additional cost for using it, which I find to be totally absurd on eSignal's part.

- eSignal interface is cleaner and more intuitive. Realtick interface is quirky and old, but once you get used to it, it suffices.

- eSignal has better charting, no doubt. I use Wealthlab, on top of Realtick, for my charting, since Realtick is a bit deficient in this area.

- eSignal is cheaper, but overall, my assessment was that you get what you pay for. If you are looking for quality of data, breadth of data, and speed of data, Realtick wins hands down.

My 2 cents.

#45     Apr 1, 2004
  6. JBK

JBK

Hello japtrading,

Currently, the only way to get this cumulative volume data is by building the logic within a custom EFS. We don't have a built-in function or specific data field on our servers that calculates and stores the cumulative volume data on the current day. We are going to be adding some things in 7.7 that will give us some other options for this. I don't have any specific details, but a solution is being worked on.

Here's an EFS code example for you that will give you the cumulative volume of ES based on the bar data of your advanced chart's time template. I've also put in the DDE code, so it's ready to link to your Excel spread sheet. After applying the formula to your chart, use the following DDE link.

=eSignal|EFS!CumVol_ES

Jason Keck
    eSignal Support

PHP:
    function preMain() {

setStudyTitle("Cumulative Volume DDE ");

setCursorLabelName("CumVol");

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_HISTOGRAM);

setDefaultBarThickness(3);
    }

var 
    vVol 0;
    var 
    vLastVol 0;
    var 
    TotVol 0;
    var 
    vSym getSymbol();
    var 
    vPrefix vSym.substring(02);
    if (
    vPrefix == "ES" || vPrefix == "NQ"vSym vPrefix;

var 
    dde = new DDEOutput("CumVol_" vSym);
    // Excel DDE link example for ES #F:  =eSignal|EFS!CumVol_ES

function main() {
        if (
    getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
            if (
    getDay(0) != getDay(-1)) TotVol 0;

vLastVol 0;
        } else {

vLastVol vVol;
        }

vVol volume();    

TotVol += (vVol vLastVol);

dde.set(TotVol);

return 
    TotVol;
    }
    [​IMG]

#46     Apr 1, 2004
  7. thanks Jason,

this looks very good, at least for now. I guess I can work with that. I actually did not intend to push this topic here inside ET, however, I posted on the Esignal Bulletin board, talked to live support, and emailed esignal, NO ANSWER/NO HELP.
    So, I really appreciate it to get help this way.

Japtrading.

#47     Apr 1, 2004
  8. UMU

UMU

Jay, can this satellite feed of DTN be used also in Europe?

BTW, can DTN also be contacted via email instead of phone? (because the phone nbr doesn't work if called from abroad).

#48     May 7, 2004
  9. Serge Pustelnik

Serge Pustelnik Genesis Securities

Check out our stats:

Ping Time to INET ECN book ( ITCH ) :

Pinging 66.36.67.31 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.36.67.31: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=62
    Reply from 66.36.67.31: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=62

Ping statistics for 66.36.67.31:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 3ms

Ping Time to INET Order ( OUCH ) :

Pinging 66.36.70.73 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.36.70.73: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=62
    Reply from 66.36.70.73: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=62

Ping statistics for 66.36.70.73:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 2ms

#49     May 7, 2004
  10. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Unfortunately our satellite service only covers the Cont. US and southern Canada.

Yes. We have email, real time online chat, and support forums available.

Email: support@dtniq.com for customer support or investor@dtn.com for sales

RT Chat: www.dtniq.com

You can also call our local number internationally at 402-255-8787 for support, or 402-390-2328 (ask for DTN.IQ Sales).

Jay

#50     May 7, 2004