Best real time data feed software?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by astpaul, Jun 26, 2006.

1. astpaul

astpaul

Hi
    I am currently looking at a data provider solution for my new workstation.

I am currently trying eSignal station but i wondered if someone experienced better platforms or if you'd know a study on the net of different providers.

Any help is appreciated :)

2. I think from what I have read, DTN IQ is more reliable than E Signal, but they don't seem to provide charts, or atleast I find nothing on their website so you have to use a charting package and connect to it like Sierra or Quote Tracker.

Come to think of it, I recall someone mentioning Prophet is owned by IQ I believe so there is your charting.

I never had problems with Esignal, I just think they are expensive for what they are.

3. Pure data or charting?

Pure Data: Reuters QuoteCenter
    Charting: I'm partial to QCharts, but they got bought by Esignal, so... take it for what it's worth.

Reuters is a bit on the pricey end, and combined with MetaStock (charting) it can get expensive.

http://www.equis.com/products/realtime/quotecenter/?overview

i'm happy with reuters/equis, but it has a bit of a learning curve if you've never used a reuters terminal before...

or, you have your typicals:
    IB and SierraCharts or QuoteTracker
    etc...

4. alisa

alisa

I'm a big fan of QuoteTracker. Takes a while to get used to but just awesome software and I've tried them all.

5. astpaul

astpaul

Yes i agree with you. They seem OK but quite expensive!

I am interestd and feed+charts.

Any review of the different competitors on the Net?

6. IB data is cheap and unreliable in my 3 months with them. Too many charts with no backfill, maybe it's Sierra's problem, but judging from reading around here I don't think so.

7. kiwi777

kiwi777

Consider using IQfeed (good data) with Tradecision (charting/backtesting):