Best real-time charts for scalping.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jzlucas, Jun 11, 2005.

1. "so you don't need up to the millisecond updates"

Many many scalpers are using Fast Cash data feed tools (bloomberg includes one in their $1700+ subscription service for both the dow and the naz or sp)...

I don't know about millisecond updates but at least once a second up date versus the 15 second index update feed that comes with eSig and most other data feeds will help your scalping... i think CQG has a Fast Cash tool in their feed but i am not sure...

We are in the process of building a website that will provide Fast Cash line charts on all indexes, their advance decline numbers, their volume differences and their average price depth per total amount of stocks per index - for a more cost effective solution - but it doesn't look like we will be able to accomlish this anytime soon since we seem to be running into tech stumbling blocks...

anyway... a Fast Cash feed even if you create one from a dde excel setup can be helpful in many critical trading moments...

:)

#11     Jun 12, 2005
  2. jz

May I ask what exactly you mean by scalping? Are you talking about trying to capture the spread? I dont scalp but occasionally a trade will turn into a "scalp" and Ive never had a problem getting in and out fast with IB, a good frontend and api charting and this costs practically nothing.

#12     Jun 12, 2005
  3. I agree with you if Fast Cash is a part of his scalping tools. CQG is very good with this because the feed is fast and reliable. However, they don't have a single-line fast cash. You just get the quotes and create it with DDE and Excel. Unless this is necessary, I would still recommend IQFeed or another data feed with Ensign.

#13     Jun 12, 2005
  4. Yes, i agree with you Ensign is a very cost effective way to chart your instruments, but i have read, on IQFeeds developer thread forums actually, IQFeed developers posting complaints about the data they were receiving... we were looking into IQFeed as a possible DDE stream thru solution but that finding thru us back and made us reconsider...

since this was about 8 months ago maybe they have cleaned up their act... but in the meantime we have found eSiginal's dde feed to be dependable (although definitely overpriced!) when we created our excel version of Fast Cash... and our own Fast Cash Derivatives...

we are going to go back and take a second look at IQFeed for DDE... i hope they have upgraded their data quality since the last time we looked... We will use the 'Lefty' approach again... go back and see what the Developers are saying about the quality of data they are receiving...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#14     Jun 12, 2005
  5. I find the combination Quotetracker with IB (Interactivebrokers) Datafeed very good. If you have an acount with IB yu can test it for free as long as you like.
    www.quotetracker.com
    Have fun!

#15     Jun 12, 2005
  6. Has anyone tried Esignal's Tahoe Charts (which were renamed to advanced get charts, no not the advanced get analytics, its a similarly named product but its is just charts)?

You can access multiple data vendors with this product which can be useful during peaks and slowdowns. I'd like to know if you can switch data sources on the fly and still maintain the historical data in your local datase or do you have to start over from ground zero when you switch data sources?

Does the Esignal data connector make use of IB's new backfill API functions?

Does this product's charts have the same appearance and customization options as the advanced charting in Esignal Primier? I know it won't have all the technical studies, but I don't want it to look like the old Esignal Basic charts. I'm just want something that can be made to look reasonable and has bollingers or some other channel based indicators.

Does Advanced Get Charts have a window for filterable time and sales like Esignal Primier does?

#16     Jun 12, 2005
  7. easyrider, Im in the same boat as you... some trades can turn into a scalp! Thanks to you and everyone else with your help... Im on the hunt for a great set-up thanks to everyone's posts!

#17     Jun 12, 2005