Best Quote..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgrund, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Cry me a river. "If Only".

If it's not the professor, it's the test, if it's not the test it's the school, if it's not the school................

There are always obstacles over which we have no control over which prevent us from success.

Take the course over with a different professor. Quitters. pfttttt.

#11     Jan 25, 2013
  2. I see. You have either never been to a university or you never made it to your senior year. I guessed as much, xenophobes are rarely educated.

#12     Jan 25, 2013
  3. Another factor could be a few hundred years of slave culture then another 100+ years of being treated as less than a real American, especially in the south, decades of government compound housing and government handouts, and yes none of these are your fault nor mine. The black people have only been started to be treated as equals since the 60's. It's taken us a while but America and blacks are doing better and I think we will continue to do so.

#13     Jan 25, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

This is objectionable when racists like Mav88 are talking about "blacks", but makes perfect sense when we're talking about generations of political families whose kids always seem to have an edge getting into politics. It doesn't mean that you and I of humble birth can't get into office, but on average we do not. I emphasize "on average", because when you point out exceptional "black" individuals, that's the counter-argument you get back.

#14     Jan 25, 2013
  5. They would do better if treated equally instead, not coddled like downs syndrome babies and expecting to get what they haven't earned.

#15     Jan 25, 2013
  6. Mav88

Mav88

The koreans were slaves as recently as 1945, the japanese even had a slur for them which was something like monkey. If you want to piss off a Korean, find out what that is and say it to them. The japanese told them that they were inferiors and treated them very poorly for over 30 years. By your logic they should still be so scarred that they cannot do algebra or achieve economically, yet they are a powerhouse at both.

Most people in Ghana today don't have any sort of slave ancestry to use as an excuse, yet they underperfom Koreans by a very significant amount. There is nothing about having a slave past which stops one from learning.

If I put an algebra book in front of you and you try and learn it, all that matters is your intellectual capacity and your willingness to focus, not what your grandparents went through. You can try and make excuses, but in the end people from all sorts of emotionally scarred backgrounds learn algebra. I know because I used to teach it. Today's liberal educators are exasperated, so much so they have fallen back on the last line of logic they can muster before conceding the argument to nature. They say black people cannot parent toddlers. So if black parents cannot do it the 'white' way, just what the hell we suppposed to do? Confiscate their kids?

#16     Jan 25, 2013
  7. Mav88

Mav88

achieving at school or business has nothing whatsoever to do with families of power, nothing. In fact Obama shows us it is in fact easier to attain power, what a poor example.

On 'average' nobody gets into high office. There are far too few seats to make statistics even meaningful. If you look at the past 60 years or so, only the kennedys and bushs are really power families in the white house, everyone else is a one and done and many from rather humble origins (Carter, Nixon, Clinton)

#17     Jan 25, 2013
  8. I worked with three black girls in New Jersey after the storm. They were handling insurance claims and were very competent and professional and nice girls too. There is quite a bit to insurance adjusting do you think the girls had a lot of Anglo in them?

#18     Jan 25, 2013
  9. nah they just conveniently ditched their genetic ancestral excuse making machine and decided to act white.

#19     Jan 25, 2013
  10. What is acting white?

#20     Jan 25, 2013