Best Prop Firms in NYC?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tradethat, Feb 12, 2008.

1. belmondo

belmondo

smb capital?
    just watch wall street warriors season 2.

#11     Mar 5, 2008
  2. sboix23

sboix23

yeah i've been watching that show... that's where i got SMB cap from..

the show made it look like a good firm to work for but just curious as to know if there is anything wrong with the company

#12     Mar 5, 2008
  3. instead of expecting to get everything from these firms there are two essential things you must bring to the table:

1) talent
    2) money

Talent is defined as not being new to investing in stocks and understanding capital formation, dividend payment and the US capital structures, inclusive of the licensing requirements and background checks.

Talent is also defined as not being new to reading, absorbing and applying T/A. Yeah, that's not some XXX term, as some idiots make the mistake on interviews with. Technical Analysis is more than just lines crossing on a chart, its understanding the mathematical principles upon which the concepts are based upon.

Now, Money. Yeah, imagine that, its not a job, its an opportunity, hence partnership in secondary position. You can not expect to earn anything, but you can expect to leverage what you have with what they have and then grow exponentially from there, and withdraw, not a salary, but profits.

These spend just like salary monies, but what we have just defined is a completely different mind set. In that is the approach.

Now that I have shared the two key answers for the test (read interview), let me know just how many times you get offered that job.

#13     Mar 5, 2008