Best Prop Firms in NYC?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tradethat, Feb 12, 2008.

1. tradethat

tradethat

I'm a newbie here, so I'm sure this question has been answered on this forum before.

I'm looking to make a move into prop trading. I've just begun to do my research on the various day trading/prop trading firms in NYC, and found that each one has different commisions, fees, training programs, leverage, etc.

I know there are probaly lots of people on these boards who have either worked or are currently working at one of these firms, who can chime in and tell me some the pros and cons of each of them.

So far in my research I have learned about Lynx, Hold Brothers, Echotrade and Nexis Capital. I know there are many many more out there offering different deals. I would love to hear what everyones experiences have been like.
    Thanks.

2. tradethat

tradethat

Anyone have any info they can share?

3. Started out at echo. Good place to get your feet wet and learn. Now trading at another firm which does not offer trainning. Good luck.

4. tradethat

tradethat

Rookiemd,

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out.. Why did you land up leaving Echo?

5. Rather not comment on that (don't really like to post my opinion since it could be different for everyone). As stated previously, I am very happy to get what I did at echo and it's a great place for someone that needs to get started. They are very ligit as everyone will tell you. I am very happy at the current firm I am at and would share it with you but they don't have trainning.

6. weitau

weitau

there are tons of prop shops, and each one will give you a different deal. in the past, some will claim 20% of your winnings as their cut, and 0% of your losses. my current firm pays out 100%, after market data and commissions.

7. I had a similar question, which prop firm in NYC has the best training/most succesful strategy?

8. sboix23

sboix23

can anyone name a bunch of prop firms in nyc that are legit? thanks

9. tradethat

tradethat

So far I've found that Echotrade, Lynx Cap, and Hold Brothers all seem to be legit

10. sboix23

sboix23

havent heard anything good about hold brothers..

has anyone heard of smb capital?

#10     Mar 5, 2008