Best prop firms in NYC for traders with quality track records?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by birdstone, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for the words of discouragement. I can defintely tell you that you are totally wrong.

So far, the few hedge funds i've approached all have an interest in following up. Not sure what you're talking about, but when they see over 10 years of all positive returns they are interested. When they dig and see that I manage risk most effectively, they become more interested. Tell me, it's not unique to have the market move against you 40% and lose nothing? Maybe not to you, but to the hedge funds, it's a big deal and pretty unique.

And thanks to everyone who helped me learn about Prop firms.

#41     Aug 31, 2009
  2. Birdstone, is your method scalable?

#42     Aug 31, 2009
  3. Yes. I only trade the high volume, highly liquid stocks.

#43     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Ok, I was just a bit unclear because you mentioned wanting to trade stocks like AZO.

#44     Aug 31, 2009
  5. Yes, AZO is on my radar b/c it is high priced--I try to trade stocks $50 and higher--and b/c AZO is volatile.

#45     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Yes but fairly thin, doesn't fit the high volume criteria, correct?

#46     Aug 31, 2009
  7. Sir, i follow about 200 stocks. I wish all of them fit "every" criteria, but the world is not perfect. Yes, volume is thin on AZO, and thus it's not one of my favorite tradeable stocks. I simply used it as an example of a high priced stock on my radar.

#47     Aug 31, 2009
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You claim you've traded 15 years with no losing years. Yet you want a prop firm to share losses with you. That suggests you don't have any understanding of how prop firms work. That in turn leads me to believe you have a lot to learn about trading. If you're so risk averse, and have weathered 40% downturns then why the worry (or need) to have someone else put up 50% of the losses. Further, the leverage they provide is disproportionate to the losses you expect them to bear. And with 15 years of great results you sure as heck should have plenty of capital to trade on your own. And trading a few thousand shares a day isn't going to get anybodies attention. As I stated in my prior post there are a ton of funds who trade big caps. I'd bet there's nothing in your trading methodology that's unique or new.

#48     Aug 31, 2009
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

So you agree AZO is not a high volume stock yet you "only" trade high volume, high liquid stocks.

Let us all know when the hedge funds sign you up to be partners with them.

#49     Aug 31, 2009
  10. Suggests? I stated this is the case on page #2. If your purpose is to fight with a random, maybe call a family member?

Yes. Which part of this confuses you? Oh I forgot, this is ET, where the angry roam. As Michael Jackson said, "Beat it".
    You bet wrong. Now please take your anger and frustration elsewhere dude.

#50     Aug 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.