Best prop firm in Canada?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mnx, Jun 6, 2005.

What is the best PROP firm in Canada

1. swifttrade

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. genesis (jms capital in canada)

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. trade winds

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Golden market management

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. refco

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. quest trade

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. bright

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. infium

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. Mintrel Corp

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. other

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. mnx

mnx

As requested:

What is the best PROP firm for trading in Canada?

swift trade
    genesis (jms capital in canada)
    trade winds
    Golden market management
    refco
    quest trade
    bright
    infium
    Mintrel Corp
    other: please post and tell us what it is.

(sorry if I left anyone out)

mnx

2. mnx

mnx

let's hear what you like or dislike about your firm, what sets your firm apart, etc.. let's not bash each others comments (and let's hear from people at various firms...)

mnx

3. mnx

mnx

Good to see people are voting.

Just a question for those that have voted other. Where are you guys trading from?????

mnx

4. There's still room in this market.

A nice prop shop.

Access to everything that can be traded.

Every tools a trader could ask for.

Low fees.

Invest your own capital along with that of the firm and split the profits accordingly.

A nice room full of PROFESSIONAL traders, real people that know what they do!

Could even use the trading room (and low fees) to manage an hedge fund.

May be even become a broker :)

That's the dream!

5. soler

soler

could anyone give some detail info on JMS capital in canada..i have been looking for a firm that use genesis platform...thx

6. mnx

mnx

Mintrel use genesis along with carlin trader... (someone sent me a pm a while back. I can forward the info if you like...)

mnx

7. flinch

flinch

I was just wondering if maybe we can compile the basic deal that each of these prop firms offers to people joining their firm?
    I think it would be useful to me and probably others that read these forums......

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Sorry, but that would be free advertising in detail for each firm and that is not permitted. If you want to find out the details regarding a firm you'll need to do your own legwork instead of having someone lay it all out for you. Recommend you contact the firm or at the very least research the posts/threads here, and when you find someone who trades/works at a particular firm send them a PM. Thanks.

9. mnx

mnx

we could always post a link to an external website with all the firms deals posted... I could set that up if the moderators allow it.

mnx

10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Sorry, I don't seem to be clearly getting my point across. ET is NOT Monster.com where firm deals are posted and everyone goes to "look for a job" (either directly or via link to another site). You are welcome to talk about your experiences at a firm in a general way, but if someone wants current, specific information they will simply need to pick up the phone and find out for themselves. Or, as I suggested, they can PM someone who works/trades at that firm.

A while back an ET member was responding to another who was lazy, didn't want to do his own Due Diligence, wanted everything spoon-fed to him. It's worth repeating here:

#10     Jun 9, 2005