Best prop firm for remote trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by no_agenda, Apr 30, 2003.

1. A person I met recently told me about ET and it has been a pleasure to discover this site and browse over the forums. What a delightful resource.

I would like to ask about remote trading and would sincerely appreciate responses from those of you who are remote traders.

I have traded before on a part-time basis in the late 90's, and did pretty well (who didn't back then?), but since 2000 I have stayed away from the market for a variety of reasons. Thanks to a very flexible job and an exhaustive study of the markets, I now find myself with the time, resources, and hopefully worthy strategies with which to jump back in again.

I do not live in a major city with prop offices, so I'll have to go remote. Since I have my Series 7 already, I would like to take advantage of prop firms' bullets, leverage, and per share commission rates. From what I understand it seems that to trade retail one would need to have over 30K just to safely avoid the PDT rule, and I do not have that much to contribute. I can at this time contribute 10K.

My concern is with finding a firm that will take on a trader like myself with 10K or less, that has a reliable remote infrastructure, good software, rates of at least a penny per share (is that realistic for an initially low-volume trader like myself?), no hidden fees, and will be around for a while. Hopefully these expectations are not unrealistic....

I have been watching Echo for a while but since they have merged their website has changed and they no longer have a web page that lists their fees, which I find curious.

I would appreciate hearing from those who trade remotely with Echo and other firms about their experiences and recommendations.

Thank you.

2. hilarious.... only someone with an agenda would go out of their way to make it seem like they dont have an agenda

3. (Sorry, but I don't know how to do that quote stuff yet)

I don't understand you. I'm asking for information that's all. No agenda, really.

Maybe I need to change my name to something about being in a sauna or a jacuzzi or whatever.

I'm getting a lot of private messages about this subject, which I'm grateful for. Thank you.