Best prop firm for remote traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ColdLogic, Dec 10, 2003.

1. My definition of a prop firm is one that requires a license and doesn't provide retail investor insurance. Enough said. Now, will the remote traders please comment on there companies please.

#11     Dec 13, 2003
  2. gimp570

gimp570

Are you looking to sell insurance? At home(remote) or in an office?

#12     Dec 13, 2003
  3. try echo trade I like them.

#13     Dec 13, 2003
  4. Does anyone know which firm has an order entry platform similar to IB?

Something where one can have different pages with many orders ready and then can either enter all of them practically at once or cancel as well?

Thnx.

#14     Dec 13, 2003
  5. l

Most simple basket manager type programs will allow for that.

Don

#15     Dec 14, 2003
  6. (clarification time, once again)...You are referring to SIPC, I suppose, which is limited to $100K or so...which is basically meaningless to a professional trader. We guarntee, at minimum, $10Mil of "owners" capital to protect the traders from one another.

We have the ability to put traders into our "Bright Securities" wing (no license requirement) as well...but we strongly encourage traders to take the darn test so that they can take advantage of the use of capital, market access, and lower fees.

Many think that SIPC is of value to a professional trader, but it really can be misunderstood.

Don

#16     Dec 14, 2003
  7. Don, does the SLK platform your firm uses perform like that?
    Or do they have others that are compatible with your system?

#17     Dec 14, 2003
  8. Go to Hold Brothers. www.holdbrothers.com

They will be the best place for you.

Just my opinion. Not trying to make a sales pitch.

#18     Dec 14, 2003
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

We have a basket manager included with our program.

#19     Dec 14, 2003
  10. Not looking for a battle of any kind, but what would make you say that? I'm curious as to what you think they may be offering these days. We haven't seen them pop up on our "radar" for quite a while (which only means that we haven't had anyone "compare" shop with them).... Platform? Rates? Training?
    Perhaps there is something we are not making traders aware of.

??

Don

#20     Dec 14, 2003