Best Prop firm for Canadians?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Shehab, Aug 30, 2006.

1. foible

foible

I used them for a while and liked them. There were some things I didn't like about the trading platform (like you couldn't have bids and offers open at the same time on the same stock), but apart from that it was a good platform.

#11     Sep 22, 2006
  2. hey pimpy boy :)

I will not say bullshit , if guys want to found good prop firm in Canada just talk with me and i will say what i can offer, per ticket or per share deal. If you want something else i will tell you wich firm offer what you looking for. I own a firm but im a trader before all and i dont try to sell place in my firm like many bullshiter.

Happy trading

Vinny

#12     Sep 22, 2006
  3. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

I have to respond to say this is no longer an issure with Questrade. The options as far as platforms go run Sterling, Dastrader and Laser. PM if you are looking for a competitive pay structure with these platforms.

I've run the gamut of operations and I've finally found one that is going to pay on time and offer technical and personal support.

Yours in trading.

#13     Oct 1, 2006
  4. FutTrd

FutTrd

offer Swift prop firm profitable strategy and you can trade there

no remote, but if you enjoy watching monkeys and feeling of importance

no remote is good :D

#14     Oct 1, 2006
  5. lescor

lescor

There are a handful of US-based professional trading firms that will accept accounts from Canadians.

Different from the swift/golden model, you put up capital, get the software, all the buying power you need, and keep 100% of your profits. And you can trade remote.

PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

#15     Oct 1, 2006
  6. 7-2os

7-2os

Hi All,

This is a little detached form the first question asked.. But dose any know why in London everyone trades Futures and in Canada everyone seem to want to trade individual stocks... I have been reading all the posts on ET and it seem the splits in London for futures traders with no money down can go up to as much 80/20 and there is never a question about buying power...

Antone got any ideas ..?

An interested trader...

#16     Oct 3, 2006
  7. Stamp tax on the LSE is high, i think that stops daytrading.

#17     Oct 3, 2006
  8. foible

foible

Yup. That's also why Contracts For Difference have proliferated.

#18     Oct 3, 2006
  9. 7-2os

7-2os

The Question i was asking was...

Why do canadians not trade Futures...? not why do UK traders not trade stoxx...

the Prop splits in futures are much better... and a trader can get massive leverage..

#19     Oct 3, 2006
  10. tradin33

tradin33

The reason that equities are preferred over futures in North America is because traders can take advantage of the inefficiencies created in the equity markets. You have no execution advantage when trading futures and have to rely mostly on technicals. This makes it much harder to have a consistently profitable strategy. All the leverage in the world doesn’t help if your strategy isn’t consistent and North American equities make this much easier………from a day trading perspective anyways.

#20     Oct 3, 2006