Best Prop Firm At This Point In Time

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Rapper, May 17, 2005.

1. why are you saying you merged with Merrill? Merrill only bought your clearing firm...stop misleading people!

#31     May 21, 2005
  2. what does it matter either way? merril bought pax...pax owns echo...merril now owns echo, hasn't made a bit of difference. rates are still low.....does merrill have plans to raise rates??? personally, i don't see how they can do that without gutting the firm. what are you paying at merrill pro......... .006??? ouch, that is really high.

#32     May 21, 2005
  3. ORM

ORM

I trade remote from Norway with echo.

Put up 20-30k dollars and they give you a world of opportunities in US stock market. Ok commisions and great help from the staff.

The only problem I have with them is the software which they should modernise to suit the 2005 trader. They are also slow at adapting to the market opportunities it seems. But! As I hear are they actually quite a lot better than other firms out there.

But the future looks bright atm for us running with echo. The Merril deal, if they see the possibilities, can give us a whole new world of opportunities to make some cash and have some fun at same time.

But the best part.. I pay nothing else than commision and 350 dollars a year as membership fee to Phil stock exchange. Desk fees, quote fees etc go to 0 with decent volume.

*edited in* Just a note.. They also accept accounts with less than 20k.. Just FYI.

ORM

#33     May 21, 2005
  4. i dont trade anymore with echo...and i was only paying .004 with no ecn charges....

ps. pax doesnt own echo...nice try!

#34     May 21, 2005
  5. Weasel

Weasel

Pax does own Echo. And now Merrill owns Pax......Echo too.

#35     May 21, 2005
  6. i know you are not with echo...that's why i asked what you are paying at merrill pro. i heard they were high... like .006. are you not with merrill pro???

and yes, pax did own echo...but now merrill does.

#36     May 21, 2005
  7. SIZEUP

SIZEUP

ML does not own Echo, they made Pax cut all interests to their broker dealer relationships which were possibly a conflict of interests. Echo is a client of ML. But the important thing is not who owns what but how the traders are treated.

#37     May 21, 2005
  8. thank you for that post..thats why i called out that so called manager of echo's LA office....why people lie has always escaped me....

#38     May 21, 2005
  9. so bottom line, you are saying pax cut off their interest in echotrade? please enlighten us as to how they did this.

#39     May 21, 2005
  10. echo is just a street account to ml pro.

#40     May 21, 2005