Best Prop Broker for Day Trading US Stocks?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Martin01, Oct 3, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

do they still have traders? a quick look at their website suggest no. they are only into trading education.

#11     Oct 7, 2017
  2. Hooter

Hooter

do they still have traders? a quick look at their website suggest no. - yes, both firms still active. tradenet is cfd firm out of London and promotes itself as a school. The other one is out of Los Angeles. due dilligence is advised

#12     Oct 7, 2017
  3. zdreg

zdreg

exactly. cy group had a good reputation a longtime ago. today?

for most trading retail is a wiser move.

#13     Oct 7, 2017
    bozhkov likes this.
  4. There are prop firms providing customers with comiss 0.0035 or 0.0030usd per share. But still you have to pay 150usd platform fee or even more than that if you want to have good and high speed platform like Sterling.
    Also if you can generate high volume you can get nice comiss with a lot of prop firms.

#14     Dec 6, 2017
  5. I have traded with many prop firms and from my experience Global Prime Trader is the best prop firm i have dealt with.

#15     Dec 7, 2017
  6. I do trading with severall companies but never tried GPT. I failed to find any information on their web site concerning min. risk deposite, pricing, leverage, platforms etc. That looks strange.
    Could you tell what conditions do they give for traders?

#16     Dec 7, 2017
  7. qlai

qlai

In below video from SMB Capital, Mike mentions (1:12 minutes into it) that this scalper is paying 0.0007 ($0.70 per 1000 shares traded) in commissions.

$0.70 per 1000 shares is pretty good, no? I wander if this rate is only for high volume traders or for anyone trading at the firm. Is this considered "normal" commission rate for a prop? I assume they you keep rebates as well.

#17     Dec 7, 2017
    Nisetrader likes this.
  8. Nisetrader check your inbox

#18     Dec 7, 2017
    Nisetrader likes this.
  9. 0.0007 not bad at all but this is not comiss for normal guy. I mean this is probably one of the best smb traders who do big volume and also we dont know whats his payout.
    Im more interested in what comiss i can get as a guy who do volume below 1m monthly, trading on my own risk deposite with conpanies leverage.

#19     Dec 7, 2017
    Hooter likes this.
  10. ellyon66

ellyon66

Hooter can you tell me about your experience with Tradenet. I tried CY but they don't take U.S. citizen living in the U.S.

#20     Feb 3, 2018