Best programming language for trading?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by heavenskrow, Jun 5, 2018.

1. userque

userque

Well ... since the basics were overlooked ... here is a list of more of them:

http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/index.php/ten-things-you-can-do-to-speed-up-your-excel-vba-code/

#71     Jul 22, 2018
    Howard likes this.
  2. NSEGuru

NSEGuru

I would be greatful to help me with the code of VWAP Weekly/Monthly/Yearly in AFL, It would also like to Exploration it using Auto Analysis AmiBroker function.

My Contact -aryan.advisory@gmail.com

Thank and Regards

#72     Jul 28, 2018
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave works with IB and you can code your own custom indicators/strategies using our free Java SDK. We're a full featured trading platform. https://www.motivewave.com/free_trial.htm

#73     Oct 18, 2018
  4. Mnewton

Mnewton

Python probably the best for working with data.
    Many different add-ons that have trading functions.
    Stackoverflow had many specific examples.
    Use the pycharm ide .

#74     Oct 18, 2018
  5. fan27

fan27

Does MotiveWave support backtesting multiple strategies concurrently in a single backtest?

#75     Oct 18, 2018
  6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Not sure if I'm clear on your meaning. Each strategy would exist and run in a separate backtest, but you can run multiple backtests at the same time.

#76     Oct 18, 2018
  7. fan27

fan27

I might trade dozens of strategies and I need a way to test/trade them all together and have a risk component that knows the current state of each strategy and can allocate capital accordingly.

#77     Oct 19, 2018
    a_tech_trade and d08 like this.
  8. Mnewton

Mnewton

Sounds too complicated to me

#78     Oct 19, 2018
  9. SteveH

SteveH

MotiveWave would have been an interesting product to try. But programming languages like Java (and VB.NET for that matter) are just soooo unpleasant to program in compared to C#.

I'm okay with the Java JDK itself...so long as the programming language to code on top of it isn't Java. Java truly is the COBOL of these times in program development. Bleh.

MotiveWave developers: you should move towards supporting the GraalVM. That way, someone could code their algorithms on top of your platform in Python instead.

It's pretty tough to choose MotiveWave over NinjaTrader when all I get is a 14 day free trial while I can get NT for free to evaluate for as long as I want before having to pay for opening up the actual live trading part. [Fancy chart patterns and complex wave counts which "recount" every time they're wrong don't increase your odds of long-term success.]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    #79     Oct 19, 2018
  10. Mnewton

Mnewton

Thinkorswim allows you to backtest strategies

#80     Oct 19, 2018