Best Product for Keeping Monitors Clean

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TG, Jan 5, 2003.

1. TG

TG

I don't know how it happens, but my monitors get so full of smudges and fingerprints, I can't seem to keep them clean. Any suggestions on what you use to clean them up, If it works on my specs as well, all the better.

2. monee

monee

Windex works for me on my crt screens

3. What is the best thing to use on flat-screen LCD screens for cleaning? Is Windex safe?

4. monee

monee

I did a search on "cleaning an L.C.D. screen" and came up with some companies that sell products for this and some ideas.
    Don't want to mention companies or the ideas because I think
    the screen is very easily damaged.

5. miniTrdr

miniTrdr

on cars for clear plastic parts some water with no soap of any kind is suggested - especially things like the clear flexible plastic back windows of convertibles - if you dont want them getting that white filmy look. im guessing since the lcd screens are plastic same would apply.

6. I use isopropyl rubbing alcohol or ethanol.

7. TGregg

TGregg

Heh, I love to put my finger on things on the screen, and I end up with a screenful of hudge smudges. To clean it up, I'll use plain water first, with a cotton rag. Then (if I am feeling ambitious, or we will be watching a movie on my PC) Windex and a good papertowel to finish.

8. skim

skim

Spit 'n' polish works a treat for me :D

9. old airline nakpins with condensation from my glass...

and by the way-

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

a little water and a very soft cloth is what is recommended to clean the plastic screen in the owner's manual

#10     Jan 5, 2003