Best PM Futures for US Traders?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Trayo, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Trayo

Trayo

Would appreciate opinions as to the best Asian/Aussie time zone futures exchanges and contracts for US evening trading.

Thanks.

2. Probably best for you to just pull up your charts that has markets open for trading during the U.S. evening trading session and then determine after a few weeks which one is best for you.

With that said...I recently talked to someone that said they like the Hang Seng HSI Futures.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

3. longsi

longsi

you can consider
    1. KOSPI (KOFEX)
    2. Hang Seng Futures (HKFE)
    3. NK225 (SGX)
    4. JGB (TSE)

cheers

4. cmaxb

cmaxb

Topix, great market.

5. katesdp

katesdp

Americans aren't allowed to trade half those markets.

6. def

def Sponsor

All the markets listed above except KOSPI are CFTC approved and thus American residents can trade them.

7. JayS

JayS

So 1 tick on the Hang Seng Futures = roughly $6.50 USD correct.

Whats your recommendation for a US IB client to start with for evening trading on the 3 cftc approved products listed above? i'm guessing Japanese bonds at the bottom of the list?

8. mokwit

mokwit

Singapore NIKKEI contract.

9. def

def Sponsor

The Nikkei is very active right now and I'd probably lean that way (but I'd lean towards trading it in Singapore which has a much better and faster backend and a smaller tick interval). For myself, I'd probably lean towards HSI as I know the product so well (been trading it 12+ years). It's just a matter of preference. I'd probably look at both as their trading sessions overlap well and decide which better suits your style.

I'll express the cash market trading hours in HK time.
    Japan: 8 AM - 10 and 11:30 - 2 PM
    HK: 10 AM - 12:30 and 2:30 - 4 PM

10. FGBS

FGBS

Do you possibly know where i could get any more information about trading in singapore... There was a discussion thread about it a while ago but cannot find it back. Just interested in what the derivatives mosts of the traders trade and what the tax situation is like. I checked out the exchange site yesterday and found that companies can setup as a Commercial Associate Member (propretary trader) and the exchange fee's are quite reasonable. Thanks to anyone that can help or point me in a direction where I would be able to find more information.
    I'm a European national so do not have to deal with the American tax system just the Singaporian system once I'm there.

FGBS

#10     Jan 24, 2006