Best platforms for size trading on news?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 2cents, Aug 25, 2005.

1. fine with fxcmpro/currenex so far, despite about 4 occurences of platform-stability type problems in a month, hopefully it'll get better...

execution-wise, what i really meant is 'within seconds'.
    so far so good, however until next week i am not trading any more than 3-5mio clips at a time. need to get used to how the fills are being performed in fast markets first, and all i can tell you is the quotes move VERY fast, faster than those of a few single-broker dealers i am monitoring simultaneously, therefore i don't want to rush things here...

i've also been given access to hotspotfxi live feed & 'ticker', i quite like their platform too, good liquidity, slightly superior functionality... but... one thing / ECN at a time...

cheers

#21     Sep 14, 2005
  2. Thanks appreciate the reply.

#22     Sep 15, 2005
  3. iza

iza

What a load of rubbish about the CME futures...over the figs today I traded 1200 Can $ against BP which took under a min. 20 € spot should be no problem at all for any broker or prop.

#23     Sep 15, 2005
  4. sounds like pretty big size on a cross! what sort of platform do use if you don't mind me asking?

#24     Sep 16, 2005
  5. 2cents -- there is, of course, no GBP/CAD futures cross.

iza -- USD/CAD front month future, 6CZ5, had a daily volume of 32K contracts, and GBP/USD future, 6BZ5, 54K. More relevant to what you're saying, I see from my charts that during the half-hour period from 8:15 to 8:45 am ET on Thursday the 15th, 6CZ5 traded just 1,789 contracts, while 6BZ5 traded 6,814. So I don't know what you mean by your "1200" number above. Would you mind clarifying?

As to 20M € spot being "no problem at all...", not true. Except for some ECNs, most forex brokers have much lower trade size limits, such as IB (4M), Oanda (10M), etc.

#25     Sep 16, 2005
  6. tomcole

tomcole

IMHO, and no disrespect to the brokers you mention, but neither would even be considered in the institutional market, which is what our friend appears to be alluding to.

Perhaps he is trading in spot and efping into futures?

#26     Sep 16, 2005