Best Platform to trade Eminis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ssigma, Mar 9, 2003.

1. What's the monthly charge for Photontrader?

#61     Mar 31, 2003
  2. Yeah right! You sound like a broker to me. It's a wonder you don't push how much your comm. rates (like someone else on this board).
    :p

#62     Apr 2, 2003
  3. I think it is either $100 a month or $200, but it goes down a lot. J-Trader is most likely your best bet. Most firms factor the fee in to your commision and if you ever take some time off you wont get hit up for the charge. Also, I would recomend going with a firm that has higher account minimums of at least $10 k. By doing this it will let you know that the traffic on the servers that you share wont be crammed with a bunch of small accounts which can increse down time, and decrease contact in the event that you need to get out of a position.
    Comp:cool:

#63     Apr 2, 2003
  4. efutures

efutures

We find J-Trader to be very fast and reliable. As long as your broker restricts the number of users per server as recommended, the servers don't get overloaded and everything works well. For CQG quote subscribers, CQG Otto is a great platform as well.

Check out www.efutures.com/platforms.htm for more info on J-Trader and CQG Otto.

#64     Apr 4, 2003
  5. Yeah, but the opposite is also true and using J_Trader can get
    rather expensive when it starts to screw up your futures trades.

:mad:

#65     Apr 5, 2003
  6. I do not use j-trader but 80-90% of complaints i hear from fellow brokers involve j-trader. i use tws and the only other platform i would consider is ffasttrade. why? because these are the only two firms that actively control their software rather than just "hawk" an outside vendors product. I HAVE NEVER TALKED TO ANY BROKERAGE THAT WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT J-TRADER!

#66     Apr 5, 2003
  7. ERROR IN MESSAGE ABOVE..... fellow brokers should have been written as fellow traders. fellowtraders= fellowbrokers......sorry... not much sleep last night

#67     Apr 5, 2003
  8. toby400

toby400

So if you trade the dax and emini and make less than five round trips a day, what broker would you use ( avoiding those that hit you with a "screen " charge) ?

The broker would have to accept UK accounts.

:confused:

#68     Apr 5, 2003
  9. #69     Apr 5, 2003