Best Platform to trade Eminis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ssigma, Mar 9, 2003.

1. daxman

daxman

CME has 5 deep for the es and nq no matter what time of day you trade them
    no matter what platform you trade on

you used to be able to see expanded depth when they reopened at 345 but they turned it off again 6 months ago when the volumes continued to grow
    (all the depth causes some major price feed issues)

some of the other products like eurodollars have expanded depth in the after hour sessions

hope this helps

#51     Mar 21, 2003
  2. graeco

graeco Guest

Do you use cme E-quotes for your trading data?Are you happy with them?Is there anything you would like to have that they dont supply?Do you like their charts?

#52     Mar 22, 2003
  3. Hey guys! I'm starting out in futures trading. Wanted to ask what are the major differences between x trader and j trader? Except the $650 a month fee. Speed, reliability, ease of use, placing orders, scalping, etc..??? Would really appreciate it. Also could you list several brokers that are reputable. Any important info as to what to look out for also appreciated.

Thank you

#53     Mar 22, 2003
  4. daxman

daxman

I am mainly a Eurex man myself but have been using TT X_Trader for the last few years and have dabbled with CME in the past
    (you do a lot of dabbling when you trade Germany at 3 am)

I can only tell you what I see on this screen- like other vendors TT writes to the CME price feed and pull down all the price quote info
    I have a few buddies who trade on the CME Globex provided terminal and its the same type of info- I think the difference is mainly price- CME charges around $400 and TT around $600
    (I think the functionality is worth the extra money)

its how the vendors handle the price feed after that
    TT provides no charting beyond price by volume so I use CQG for historical stuff- that can run you another $400

dont know much about the equote stuff from CME itself
    just make sure its real time

good luck

#54     Mar 22, 2003
  5. jester

jester Guest

Doesn't TT also show you, (in addition to depth of the market) where *each* trade has occured and at what level and the accumulated volume -at- that level too...very cool to see where a lot of buying/selling is stacking up at, we are testing it in our firm and from what I've seen I am going to use it for our CPO when it get's going, it looks more robust and slicker with a much better interface that the J-Trader platform which I currently use (and like for my smaller trading currently)

J -

#55     Mar 24, 2003
  6. CQG for 400$/mth looks cheap. Have these guys finally cut their price?

#56     Mar 24, 2003
  7. I'm using Photon Trader for e mini executions and e signal for charts.
    I've been in the business for 3 years and find them both very good.

#57     Mar 24, 2003
  8. cartm

cartm

Never heard of Photon trader, can you post a link? .......thanks.

#58     Mar 24, 2003
  9. cartm

cartm

Thanks, yes that does help, gonna take a look.

#60     Mar 31, 2003