Best Platform to trade Eminis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ssigma, Mar 9, 2003.

1. toby400

toby400

FFastrade and charts ?
    Anyone using FFasttrade and the chart package ($250 per month) ?

Is the data accurate enough for trading emini and Dax ?

I believe there is a $175 monthly charge but refundable if you do a certain number of trades.

What I seek is a reliable basic chart package and a fast reliable broker?

(Repeat post - I mistakenly used the name 2FFastfill" in my earlier post)

Thanks.

#41     Mar 13, 2003

2. This is what I meant when I said I'll try to find out - perhaps I read the TS e-mail wrong.

Paul

#42     Mar 13, 2003
  3. Toby,

Try the trial and ask for the charts. I'll make sure that you get it. Test it out and see for yourself. The simulator is Live data, so it is an exact replica of the live system.

If you don't want to talk to a salesman, go to www.futuresource.com and register for the trial on the simulator. You will find it under education.

Let me know what you think?

Risk Less

#43     Mar 13, 2003
  4. I always liked PFG best ...super easy to use,and you can setup hot buttons with an option to confirm or not confirm your order if you want to get it out even faster (mkt orders)

#44     Mar 15, 2003
  5. PFG brokers are price gouging. Man there's a serious markup on commissions with them. :(

I like using their simulator to practice trading techniques, though. :cool:

#45     Mar 15, 2003
  6. Yeah i guess its who you work with...I pay 9 rt. Could i get cheaper?..I am sure if i hunted around but for the ease of use and for something that works for me i think its good.

http://marketmariner.tripod.com

#46     Mar 15, 2003
  7. Obviously you didn't read my previous post. I said that PFG were price gouging. I'm not a broker at all, in fact I am directly opposed to most tactics that most brokers use nowadays. :mad:

My point is that you could use their simulator free for a month (you'll have to deal with some guy calling you to open an account) thereby working the kinks out of your trading system with out losing valuable equity. The name of the game is hold on to your equity, isn't it? :)

#47     Mar 17, 2003
  8. I haven't even really heard much about PFG in the past 2-3 years. For a short time around 2000, when IB was still working the bugs out of its system, I do remember PFG gaining a foothold in the e-mini market...Their commissions were always high, and it sounds like they still charge a premium...But then again, back in 2000-2001, people were not as commission conscious due to the fact that volatility was greater, and a greater percentage of traders were more successful...Now, everyone is cost conscious and the previous "pitch" for business seems to be falling on deaf ears..

#48     Mar 17, 2003
  9. I DID read your post..i pay 9 at PFG ...i dont see that as gouging.Im not saying they do or dont...just dont see how negotiating a commision like that is gouging. When i said its who you work with i meant who at PFG.

#49     Mar 17, 2003
  10. Okay, MarketMariner, I understand what you're saying now.

... To make another point ...
    I think that another very important feature of a platform to trade Eminis is having a realtime p&l for open positions. As the market is trading, in the middle of the action, the trader needs to know where he/she stands with regard to all open positions.
    :cool:

#50     Mar 17, 2003