Best Platform to trade Eminis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ssigma, Mar 9, 2003.

1. lindq

lindq

I've been trading a successful short system on AMEX Holders, and thinking about moving the system to futures.

However, it does not appear that futures cover the AMEX Holders, but they do cover various industry groups as EFTs.

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a source that would list the groups covered by futures trading, and their symbols, so that I can run some backtests.

Thanks.

#11     Mar 11, 2003
  2. cartm

cartm

I am using dsl right now, but want to switch to cable, I have been told X wont run on cable, only on dsl, can anyone confirm thsi? tia......btw X is the best imo, but its not 6 its 650 a month, or at least thats what I am paying for one exchange.......

#12     Mar 11, 2003

3. Could you point me to those threads? I use J-Trader to trade daily ranges (2 to 3 trades per day) and it works fine although a person does need to get used to it - The DOM works very well -

I can see how it wouldn't be good for scalping...

Thanks for help,

Paul

#13     Mar 11, 2003
  4. I am satisfied with J-trader as well;however,the (DOME)
    Depth Of Market on the ES only shows 1.25 points above
    and below the market. Anything above or below is not shown
    on my screen.
    If I want to place a limit order beyond the market,(1.25 points
    above or below the market)I don't know how many contracts are
    in front of me.

#14     Mar 11, 2003

5. I just read an-email from Tradestation that stated that very soon (in the next month or two) they will offer (for a fee) full Market Depth on E-mini's. My IB only has 5 levels also.

Man, I can't wait.

Paul

#15     Mar 11, 2003
  6. All the better/more active traders here prefer TT over PATS. The more you trade, the more you want TT.

#16     Mar 11, 2003

7. Glad you can speak for all the other traders.

Certainly for "more actives" - doesn't necessarily mean "better".

Those are not always synonymous.

In some cases, it just means they lose more in smaller increments *x more trades & pay a much higher commission cost.

However TT could be a huge waste of money for plenty of successful traders with different styles. Who needs a $500 + per month platform to make 3 trades per day?

Be careful of broad generalizations. And the tendency to mix up opinion and fact. It could be misleading to others.

Thank You.

#17     Mar 11, 2003
  8. They are charging you for depth of market? Geez!

#18     Mar 11, 2003
  9. bone

bone

Best? What do you mean?

If you mean fastest execution and the ability to enter/cancel/replace orders... there is no question about it. TT MD X-Trader with a T-Line, dedicated server and gateway, and direct access to the Globex order-matching engine.

A position trader making two or three trades a day may not want this. And he may be more profitable than 90% of the scalpers in the world. But a big scalper flipping 100s and 200s ten, twenty, fifty, a hundred times a day will certainly know where I'm coming from.

And if you have to ask what it costs...

#19     Mar 11, 2003
  10. I know some guys in CA and Az who are using cable with TT and are not having anymore problems than with dsl. They seem to be very happy with it, and one of them pushes 50 lots and higher of the emini. They would like to switch to a t-1 eventually to get rid of almost any possibility of having downtime, but can't justify the cost yet.

#20     Mar 11, 2003