Best Place to trade in the world - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CPTrader, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Are you kidding about "civilised". Being non-white, I ain't going to live in those racist states of US. No way..............

#41     Sep 21, 2003
  2. just21

just21

Where are you living in London, Kicking? I have cable modem but it is only available in some areas. You should be able to get adsl everywhere in London. Are you coming to the IBD meetup on wednesday? It is at Forbidden Planet, new oxford steet, 7pm Wednesday. You can take me out for a drink after wards!

#42     Sep 21, 2003
  3. Every human life gives enough oppurtunity to live within own
    culture. Even you live outside it, most will be back to it at the end.
    Then why don't go for some diversity in life, before life knocks you
    out.

#43     Sep 21, 2003
  4. just 21,

NTL and Telewest are unable to tell me which areas are serviceable, when I check addresses in the areas where they claim broadband is available it's not. When I check with BT, ADSL seems to be available but there is no guarantee the service will be offered. I am looking for a house/large and modern flat to share in those areas: Queenspark, Kilburn, , Holland Park, Acton, Ealing Sheperd's Bush, Hammersmith, Chiswick, Cricklewood, Crouch End/Hill ,(Finsbury Park), Maida Vale, Hampstead, Willesden Green, Islington, (Hackney), Canary Wharf, (Greenwich). I can almost never get NTL or Telewest Broadband.

I'll try to make it to the IBD meeting hopefully I will find it this time ...

#44     Sep 21, 2003
  5. just21

just21

NTL cable modem is available in Westminster.

#45     Sep 21, 2003
  6. mark1

mark1 Guest

Venice, maybe the most beautiful city in the world, but forget about living there, unless you are ready to pay a couple million euros for a little apartment. Buying a house there or even renting one is a sort of investment for really rich people who want to add a piece in their collection.

If you like channels and bridges, a more affordable city is Amsterdam. I ve been there in September 2001, European technology at its best,beside museums and cultural things , you'll see the most trendy clubs and venues of Europe. (Supper Club, is my favorite), ah did I mention the red light district... and what about the coffee shops..
    too bad they speak that freaking language and winter is a pain in the...... and be aware of those rockets on bicycle! Man they are nut... or maybe I was bit too stoned, hehe!

#46     Sep 21, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Key West must be a favorite because we have a LOT of daytraders who have mansions on the islands. I would say the Bahamas would be nice too.:D :D

#47     Sep 21, 2003
  8. H2O

H2O

I think it's good to take the average cost of living into consideration. I'm a 30 yr old single male, looking to move to Spain (or the Islands). Coming from The Netherlands (Europe)

Reasons :
    - I want to stay in Europe (social securities / health care)
    - Climate needs to be good
    - Cost of living in Spain is almost half of what costs are here in NL

We all want to live a live outside trading. Why don't cut on your primary costs if you don't have to give up much quality of life ????

I guess for me it's easy (no family) My parents I can visite within a few hours flight (if I stay in Europe)

What is the average cost of living on the places you like ?( I would like to know the average income of the locals, so we can make a comparisson)

For example, I know a lot of people in Spain who are making approx. € 1000,- / month (net) and they can live their life. Compared to wher I live now, I need the doucle amount of money to live the same life.(and still have bad weather in winter :( )

#48     Sep 21, 2003
  9. Sounds like you need to move to China, live in a shack and grow rice. When you get sick...ahhh well you die.

Christ you sound like some nagging wife...First the little dog incident and now this crap!

You hate the USA ? ....move on then Bucko!

Quote from Lobster:

It's really how you define "civilized". If you define the most civilized humans to be the ones whose individual thought processes and behavior are most different from other apes', the US is definitely not the most civilized country. But if you measure the degree of civilization by the amount of energy wasted per human per day, then this is the apex of civilization. Think about it: We eat 3000 calories more per day than would be necessary or healthy, so we have to go to the gym. Did I say "go"? I meant drive to the gym after taking the elevator to get from the 3rd floor to the ground floor. At the gym, we walk up an escalator-like device for an hour, wasting some electrical energy, drive back home using a couple of gallons of gas, take the elevator up to our 3rd floor place, which is awaiting us at 55 degrees when it's 74 outside. Of course, we suffer from terrible sinus pain (I wonder why, it sure couldn't be the icy funk blowing at us all day out of the fungus culture in the A/C filter, could it?) But not to worry! There is a prescription for sinus pressure relief! It tends to upset our stomach, so we need another prescription for that, which happens to cause headaches. But, you guessed it, now there is fast-acting headache relief without a prescription! And for the intestinal cramping it causes, we drink that brown goo, whose side effect is a stuffy nose. Anti-histamines and steroids are indicated! Side effects like sore throat or death are generally mild. All those pills are making me depressed. I think I need something to go "back to being me again". I just hope it doesn't keep me up all night, otherwise I'll have to have that prescription refilled. Needless to say, there are "sexual side effects", but now our men finally have help to "get back into the game". Now imagine how bad an Asian farmer's life must be without all that relief!

#49     Sep 21, 2003
  10. I stand corrected.

Peace,
    RS

#50     Sep 21, 2003