Best Place to trade in the world - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CPTrader, Sep 21, 2003.

1. not to put too fine a point on it, but I live, play, and trade on the coast in Sarasota FL; and it rivals any of those places mentioned above, and based on the list of who's who moving in, others agree who have the resources to live anywhere in the world. Plus FL is a no income tax state which is a plus for those with trading profits!

But I'll agree, change is good for the soul, so in the muggy months I trade from the mtns of Vermont or NH; or sometimes along the rugged Maine coast. Ah the life!!!

#31     Sep 21, 2003
  2. just21

just21

What ski/mountain biking resorts in us, canada, europe have adsl connections? Anyone saying London, England must be married as this is a hard town to meet anyone!

#32     Sep 21, 2003
  3. machine

machine

#33     Sep 21, 2003
  4. It surprise me to see Arab Destination on your list.
    who lived in Dubai for +20 years. Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities (economy wise) in the world.
    But i don't think you will be able to live there for few monthes,
    why?
    -Very hot weather for 8 monthes a year (48 celcious).
    -expensive Accomdation and taxi fare.
    -Nightlife sucks (very expensive compare to East asia).
    -Arabs Are racist people, they will piss you off everytime.
    -you won't have any social life there, since the culture never
    accpet you. Belive me i know what i am saying.
    Overall Dubai is good place for holiday, or short stay.

For those labanese beauties also the same, their first plea
    is money (money leech), forget worthefull relationship, if you aren't Arab.

Btw no idea about other places you metioned

#34     Sep 21, 2003
  5. I was in Dubai for a few days last year around March, and the weather was great! I guess a lot of people from Europe (mainly UK) stay in Dubai over winter. I don't know if I'd live there because the weather does get pretty warm in the summer, but it's definitely a nice place to visit.

-FastTrader

#35     Sep 21, 2003
  6. msfe

msfe

KANCHANABURI City Attractions

Major tourism attractions within the provincial capital are inextricably connected with the Second World War years of 1942 through 1945 when the Imperial Japanese army occupied Thailand.

Kanchanaburi War Cemetery (Don Rak)

The immaculately maintained Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, opposite the main railway station on Saeng Chuto Road, contains the remains of 6,982 Allied POWs who perished during the construction of the ‘Death Railway’. An estimated 12,339 Allied POWs, and between 70,000 and 90,000 forced Asian labourers, including many Thais, died during the construction of the ‘Death Railway’ and the bridge over the River Kwae. It is believed that one out of every five people who laboured on the railway perished during its construction.

The Bridge Over the River Kwae

The major landmark is the black iron bridge spanning the Khwe Yai river which was brought from Java by the Japanese army and reasssembled under Japanese supervision by Allied prisoner-of-war (POW) labour as part of the ‘Death Railway’ intended to link Thailand with Myanmar. Still in use today, bridge was the target of frequent Allied bombing raids during 1945, and was rebuilt after the war ended. The curved spans of the bridge are the original sections.

World War II-vintage steam locomotives, and a peculiar hybrid road/railcar from the 2 same era, comprise a small open-air Railway Museum on the bridge’s eastern approach.

War Museum

The museum, located near the River Kwae Bridge, displays the collection of weapons, tools and utensils of the Allied POW and Japanese soldiers during the Second World War. It is open daily from 8 a.m.-6p.m. Admission fee is 30 baht.

The JEATH War Museum

The JEATH War Museum comprises another reminder of the wartime past. The enclave, in the riverside precincts of Wat Chaichumphon, has been constructed in the form of an Allied POW camp. The name JEATH is derived from countries inextricably associated with the years 1942 through 1945, namely Japan, England, America, Australia, Thailand and Holland. The thatched detention hut with cramped, elevated bamboo bunks, contains photographic, pictorial and physical memorabilia dating from the Second World War. POWs who survived the ordeal have donated items from that period to substantiate the museum’s authenticity.The museum is open daily from 8.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission fee is 30 baht.

#36     Sep 21, 2003
  7. Mars

#37     Sep 21, 2003
  8. Enough!

You foreign goobers drink from the teat of Mother USA every day and you call it "uncivilized" and "not some place I'd want to live!???"

You unwashed, ungrateful wastes of space...

Please DO go somewhere else.

(Now, back to my troll cave)

#38     Sep 21, 2003
  9. I picked the central Californian coast. Love it.

#39     Sep 21, 2003
  10. Hard to meet any British woman for sure. Otherwise I have been in Pussyland since I have been here: so many pretty girls from all over the world, all those language students they'll throw themselves at you just to practice English. imo it's the only reason to stay here, housing is ridiculously expensive, quality of life sucks unless you are super wealthy and I can't even find a place where I can get cable internet. F*ck it' s Britain's capital!

#40     Sep 21, 2003