Best place to shop for LCDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 4Qs, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hcour

hcour Guest

I usually buy all my computer stuff from Newegg but when I was looking for a 24" LCD I saw that their return policy was a minimum of eight dead pixels! I'm gonna pay $700 for a monitor w/the chance I'd have to live w/seven dead pixels? Er, I don't think so, homeslice.

I think LCD's bought on Amazon can be returned, no questions asked. So I was going to go that way or either buy one in-store at Best Buy. But then I found a guy on Ebay selling brand-new HP's for a great price, and guarantee no dead pixels.

So I'd check Ebay and Amazon if you're going to buy online. Wherever, I'd definitely check their dead-pixel return policy.

Harold

#11     Jun 19, 2007
  2. hajimow

hajimow

A few days ago I found out that if you are a AAA member, you can go to AAA website and register there and on retail discount section, request for a 10% discount coupon from Circuit City. The coupn is emailed to you right away and you can use it to buy anything you like from Circuit City. Interesting thing is that you get discount from the lowest sales price and not from the original price as Best Buy's discount coupons. I used it to buy a big screen TV. That was about $200 more off the price that made it the lowest price for the item. Nowhere could beat that price. If I did not have that coupon , I would not have bought from Circuit City. So if you want to buy a big item , go ahead and get that coupon and use it. It is not attached to your name. You can get the coupon from your friend and use it. There was a guy on Circuit City who was very helpful. His name is Michael and his extension is 21151 and the number is 888-461-9849. The working hours is from 10 to 6 EST Monday through Saturday. You won't get any more discount by puting your order through him but he was pleasant to deal with.

#12     Jun 19, 2007