Best Place to Place Option Trades?

Discussion in 'Options' started by SunnyIsles, May 24, 2013.

1. I'm looking for an options broker, preferably where I can at least see prices online and have my orders filled. Best Margin, Best Service, Best Fills.

Give me your recommendations.

2. 1245

You're not telling us enough about your trading to make a suggestion.

3. LOL. What more do you want to know?

4. miltos7

miltos7

There is only one firm for options....Ameritrade which can provide you with the thinkorswim platform....best technology ever and absolute free without hidden fees.

5. 1245

Do you need CPM, what volume levels, do you need DMA or do you use smart routes, are rebates important to you etc. It's up to you. The more details you share of your trading the more you'll get back.

6. CPM? DMA? I don't know, but yeah volume would not be terribly important to my strategies.

Who knows about Thinkorswim?

7. I have an unfunded TOS account. I like their platform; the option risk graphs, etc are really nice. But the commissions are way too high.

I do my actual real money option trading at IB. Very low commissions, good fills.

8. opt789

opt789

Two places to look at: Interactive Brokers, and thinkorswim/TDA. If you are new and don’t know exactly what you want you are probably better off starting with the thinkorswim platform. The IB platform can be a bit of a learning curve for some. Start with TDA, then open a second account at IB and you can directly compare the two.

9. Good platform won't make you money , keep and use a simple platform , all these claims about platform superiority are a big BS.

10. 1245

For retail traders that have little extra requirements, TD is great.

#10     Jun 2, 2013