Best place to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by slowdown, Nov 19, 2006.

1. ladies and gents, in your experience what is the best place to live? Weather is a big thing for me and I'd love to have it mild during the winter and nice and warm but not too hot during the summer (this automatically excludes Arizona and Florida). The trouble is I can't find any place in North America to fit these conditions as places in North America either get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.

Some places in South America have great weather but then access to world-class health/education is also of course a requirement so this rules out the developing world. I like France but it's too cold. Southern Spain is too remote and gets too hot in the summer. Maybe there is somwhere in Australia that fits the bill? But then one is so isolated in Australia.... so difficult, any help would be appreciated.

2. jem

jem

how does san diego not fit. not that they need any more people there.

15 years ago if you asked world travelers where the best climate is, San Diego, came up on the list almost every time.

3. San Diego i always consider to be too south, ie not completely american and kind of half mexican. Also the summers are too hot, no? I forgot about hawaii -- that actually would fit my requirements probably except it has the same problem as australia as being too isolated.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not north San Diego i.e. LaJolla or Rancho Santa Fe.

5. Italy.

6. no brainer.

7. south italy I guess, that would work, except time zone would suck for trading. Also a bit north of San Diego as someone already mentioned... La Jolla might be the solution.

8. BSAM

BSAM

San Luis Obispo.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, not south Italy, north Italy!

I think the ideal place would be in the triangle of Southern France, Northen Italy and Switzerland.

10. Banjo

Banjo

Yes , from Nice down into Italy and up to Swiss. Tuscan region is great too.

#10     Nov 19, 2006